Monday, July 30, 2018

New! Improved! Fillings

Last month I had a check-up with Dr. Azuma, the new dentist that took over all my previous dentist's patients when he retired; he's the one with all the new toys. He found that I needed 6 fillings replaced; that's what happened today. He replaced 2 of the old silver amalgam fillings, which contain mercury, with polymer fillings. The whole process took about 2&1/2 hours, some of his electronics were not working properly. I was out of there around 6:30 pm; I'm glad we didn't try to do all 6 today! I have to go back 2 more times to get the rest of them done.
Saltwater aquarium in the lobby. There are 6 fish in the tank, can you spot them? Answers in tomorrow's post.
The not-so-colorful view from the exam chair.
The big picture is of my lower molar after the old filling was removed; the photo in the upper left is with the old filling intact. The tooth is cracked right down the middle.
The tooth has been cleaned up & filled with a new polymer filling.

Lunch today was Chicken fettuccine alfredo, Key West bend vegetables, Tossed salad, Orange pound cake, & Minestrone soup. The tossed salad had cucumbers, shredded red cabbage, & shredded carrots along with the lettuce. Dad didn't even want to try the dessert today.


This morning I could not believe I forgot to fill up my water bottles, which I put in the freezer to freeze overnight. I had to make do by filling my insulated water bottle with ice cubes & pouring water over them to get some cool water.


On my morning walk I saw a bunch of Java sparrows at a feeder hanging at a house across from the Maunalani entrance. It drizzled on me when I got to the park, as I walked back up to Maunalani it changed to a light mist and the sun was  out. I also walked when Dad was at the Namaste session; it was warm & sunny then. I did the late afternoon walk a little early since I needed to go to the dentist this afternoon; Curtis passed me as I was on my way back up the hill.
How many Java sparrows can you spot?

I was pretty tired today. I wonder if it was that extra 1 mile of walking that I did yesterday? I will have to pay attention to my tiredness as I begin to increase the amount of walking that I do to get ready for the Great Aloha Run which is 8 miles; currently I do 3 to 4 miles a day. When I overdo things, the first thing I notice is that the fibromyalgia makes me tired. If I don't pay attention and I keep overdoing it, I crash and sleep for a couple of days. I haven't had one of those episodes in a long while; I think the last one was in 2016, a couple months after I moved back & was trying to get things in balance. Finalizing things in Washington, getting re-established in Honolulu, & renovating a very old house on the Big Island to make it livable again was kind of a lot all at once. How do I know its the fibromyalgia & not just lack of sleep? The tiredness I feel is so intense I sleep through any alarms & 80+ degree heat feels cold.

Happy Birthday to Jim!

No comments:

Post a Comment