Saturday, July 28, 2018

I Can See Again!

It wasn't that bad, but it needed to be done. Since DT is leaving this evening, he brought the RAV4 back today; Curtis picked DT up when he left Maunalani & had to take him to the airport this evening. So we switched places; I had the morning off so I did laundry & yardwork in the early morning. I still need to train the yellow and red 'ohai ali'i, so I did some work on those. I also need to remove the Mickey Mouse plant near the mock orange, so I worked on that, too. The mock orange also needs some training, but the green waste bin was getting full so I will leave that for another time.
Before.
After.

I also spent time cleaning up my bedroom, reorganizing it, & doing repairs. One of the big tasks was reattaching the fabric on the bottom of the box spring; unbeknownst to me there was a small piece that had been ripped and was hanging down to the floor. The first time I ran the Deebot robot vacuum in that room it grabbed that piece and tore off more & became entangled in it. I repaired that today and discovered that the wooden frame is very termite eaten; Curtis might want to replace this in the future. In the meanwhile, I zip-tied the metal bed frame to the wooden headboard to keep them from coming apart again; things look much better now. And now I can let the Deebot loose in the room again so it can clean under the beds where I can't reach with the Shark vacuum cleaner.



The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes had a shirt that needed a home. I now have it; we are considering it my birthday present from him. It is a t-shirt with a statement on it; sometimes I have problems with those because most of the time I don't fill shirts out as much as they need to be filled out. I don't have too many t-shirts that have statements on them, even short ones. When I went to graduate school I returned with a University of Washington t-shirt that said,
Huskies
Huskies
Huskies
When I wore it, most of the time it said,
skies
skies
skies
People wondered what that meant.
What's not fatal?
After much pulling in the back, you can now read all of the shirt.

I only did 1 walk today; it was in the mid-afternoon just before I relieved Curtis at Maunalani. Even though I had a lot of other exercise today with all the yardwork and flipping the box springs & mattress, and the Fitbit says I did a lot, I missed doing my other walks today. I think it's the sustained output of energy that I get from the walks that I need to make me feel like I did something.

Happy Birthday to Mona & cousin Mark! And Happy 30th Anniversary to Mimi & Peggy!

No comments:

Post a Comment