Thursday, July 19, 2018

Kai Goes Home

Kai's plane left about noon today. But because he wasn't able to get the data from my old laptop transferred to my new laptop, he ended up not being able to do a bunch of on-line things last night. We had to do them this morning. Which meant that Kai missed out on walking to the park with me  bright & early this morning! I got a call from him after he landed; he had written Michael's phone number down in his tablet but forgot to hit Save, so he lost it. He phoned Michael, while I sent Michael a text so that he would get a message one way or the other that Kai had landed.

I got to Maunalani about 10:30 this morning. Dad had refused to get out of bed this morning; but now he needed to get out of bed, they were checking all the beds to make sure everything was working right. After much work we were able to get him out of bed; I took him upstairs to the Castle Living Room. The residents were watching a Tai Chi video; I explained to Dad that it was what Mom used to do out in the park. He slept through most of it!


After Tai Chi, I took Dad to the 2nd Floor Lanai for lunch. Today it was Spaghetti & meat sauce, Italian vegetable blend, Garden salad, Fresh honeydew cubes, & Cream of broccoli soup.


During lunch Patrick texted; a booby needed transport from Feather & Fur to the airport. Unfortunately, I couldn't do it by the cutoff time of 1 pm; I told Patrick the earliest I could pick it up by was 2 pm followed by 45-60 minutes to get it to the airport. I guess I was the last resort because he rescheduled the transport for a cut-off time of 3:20 pm. I picked up the Red-footed Booby juvenile around 2 pm and dropped it off at Hawaiian Air Cargo about 3 pm. The car smelled like very ripe fish & I was really glad I had the Wet Okole seat covers in case the bird threw up (a defense mechanism of many seabirds); clean up would be easier. Thankfully, my olfactory nerves started fatiguing about half way through the trip so I couldn't smell it after a while.
Red-footed Booby (Sula sula).

The plan for dinner tonight was for Curtis to pick me up after he left Maunalani; we would go to Outback Steakhouse since I had never been there, and The Roommates would bring me back home. We started with a Bloomin' Onion Aussie-tizer. DT had the Center Cut Sirloin (medium) with fries, Lori had the Calamari with Baked Potato Soup, Curtis had the Prime Rib (medium) with Fresh Mixed Vegetables & a House Salad, The Potential Most Favorite Roommate had a Burger with fries, The Roommate Who Likes to Do Dishes had Salmon with Bourbon Sauce, and I had Center Cut Sirloin (medium rare, or what I like to call hot & bloody) with Blue Cheese Pecan Chopped Salad & Grilled Asparagus.
Bloomin' Onion.
Center Cut Sirloin (medium) with Fries & Fresh Seasonal Veggie. (Photo by DT)
Calamari. (Photo by Lori)
Baked Potato Soup. (Photo by Lori)
Prime Rib (medium) with Fresh Seasonal Veggie. (Photo by Curtis)
House Salad. (Photo by Curtis)
Burger with Fries. (Photo by The Potential Most Favorite Roommate)
Salmon with Bourbon Sauce with Fresh Seasonal Veggie. (Photo by The Roommate Who Likes to Do Dishes)
Center Cut Sirloin with Roasted Garlic Butter Topping & Grilled Asparagus.
Blue Cheese Pecan Chopped Salad.

For dessert Lori had brought a Chantilly Cake. They brought it out with candles on it.

Leftovers.

As we were leaving a very friendly but scrawny cat came around and started rubbing up against our legs. He followed us to the cars as well.
The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes almost brought him home.

Happy Birthday also to my birthday buddies Susie, Leanna, & Seyda!

No comments:

Post a Comment