Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Waipahu Cafe

DT joined us for breakfast this morning; we went to Waipahu Cafe which Curtis tried for the first time last Saturday. Curtis had the Anytime Breakfast with luncheon meat, DT had the Kim Chee Fried Rice Omelet, and I had the Kim Chee & Ham Omelet. Part way through breakfast the owner came by and gave us a small plate of plain kim chee, Curtis added it to his breakfast. FYI - If you need to use the bathroom, don't wait till the last minute; you have to go out the front door, down along the side of the building about 20 paces, then in the hallway in back of all the store fronts for about 50 more paces!

Anytime Breakfast with luncheon meat.
Anytime Breakfast plus kim chee.
Kim Chee Fried Rice Omelet.
Kim Chee & Ham Omelet.

I stopped by Curtis' house to see the new fan and lights that were put in yesterday. The lights over the counter really make a difference; now we'll be able to see what's for potluck more easily!


When I got to Maunalani, Dad was up and in the Orchid Dining Room, staring at his food. Later he went to the Namaste session and I went on my morning walk.

Lunch today was Meat jun, Steamed rice, Stir fry vegetable mix, Tossed salad, Lemon bar, and Chicken & dumpling soup. As usual, I offered everything to Dad and he just turned it down.


Just after lunch our friends from Seattle area dropped in again; they took the #14 TheBus up to Maunalani. Dad stayed up quite a while to visit with them. I took them back to Waikiki where they are staying; on the way back they wanted chicken so we stopped at Popeye's. They got sticker shock at the price of the chicken, $35 for 12 pieces; apparently its quite a bit cheaper back home.

I'm all packed and ready to go for my trip tomorrow for Obon. Because it's such a short trip I am only taking my 2 rash guards & the UPF30 Anchor Bay shirt, 2 pairs of shorts, & my 2nd pair of long pants. But I still need to have a checked bag since I am returning all the clean sheets and towels that were used on the last trip back.

Happy Birthday to Mary, Jill, & Caroline!

No comments:

Post a Comment