Thursday, October 8, 2020

Be On Your Best Behavior Time!

This is the start of the last 2 weeks of the first month at Tier 1; the Mayor held a press conference this morning to remind people about it. The 7-day case average needs to be at 100 or lower for the next 14 days in order for us to move to Tier 2. He encouraged people to not let their guard down and continue wearing masks, physically distancing, and doing all the other things that slow the transmission and continue to keep the levels below 100. And I am correct, the final day is the 21st; if all goes well we will go to Tier 2 on the 22nd. Today the 7-day average of new cases was 71 with a positivity rate of 3.1%. Yay! Continuing to go in the right direction!
In front of Honolulu Hale, sign board in back has daily stats.


Today is a low carb meal day; which means more fats & carbs to make up the calorie deficit for the lower carbs. For lunch I had the Siggi skyr (10g carbs, 10g fat, 9g protein) and 2 Parm Crisps (0g carbs, 7g fat, 9g protein) with peanut butter (4g carbs, 7g fat, 4g protein) & a slice of turkey pastrami (1g carbs, 1g fat, 2g protein). That's a total of 15g carbs, 25g fat, and 24g protein for lunch.

There were no greens at lunch time.

I spent a bunch of time after lunch washing the  arugula for salad tonight. I also washed the carrot & kohlrabi greens and the American parsley from the previous CSA box. I am supposed to be putting spinach in to my morning proothie but I have not been because I did not want to buy more vegetables when we had a CSA box. I will be using whatever greens show up in the box. I have read that carrot greens taste like carrots; I will check that out tomorrow morning.

Clockwise, from left: arugula with carrots, carrot tops, kohrabi greens, American parsley.

For dinner I had a slice of Pizza Topping Casserole with arugula salad topped with bacon bits. I don't know what the macros were for dinner.


Iʻm still having difficulty with Blogger. This will be my last whine about it. Unless it starts doing what it did at the beginning of September where the text was would be flashing and I couldn't insert photos.


I belong to a Facebook group called Hawaii Tropical Fruit Growers. Today, someone posted a new type of face mask for farmers!


I also belong to the Hawaii Tropical Landscape and Gardening Facebook group. Sharing this because we all need some humor in our lives right now.


I applied for be on a list of contact tracers with Contrace.They supply contact tracers nationwide. I'm not planning on moving, just wanted to get my name in their system.


I didn't think it could get any worse, but apparently the White House is doing its own contact tracing. And failing.Why am I not surprised?


The UH contact tracers Facebook group had an article about what's happening with Hawaii contact tracing. Although the aim of the article is to point out why the State is having trouble with contact tracing, it did include statistics on the numbers of  tracers and who they are employed by. It was interesting to see what the breakdown is; we know that the graduates of the UH Track 2 cohorts have been hired under RCUH contracts. But we know there weren't 50 of us hired, so they're getting people from other places as well. Interestingly, the number of contact tracers shows up on one DOH website on 10/04 and on the other on 10/08, even though they were available on 09/28. There is still no information being provided on what percent are being reached within 24 hours; if people knew that and how critical it is there might be a better response.


Disturbing news, there is a new COVID syndrome in adults. Basically it is the same multisystem inflammatory syndrome that was identified in children earlier in the year; this one is called MIS-A (for adult) to distinguish it from MIS-C found in children.


There were 101 new COVID-19 cases today, bringing the total up to 13,146. There was 1 new death reported for a total of 164. There were 2378 active cases with 82% of people now recovered.

Keep an eye on these curves for when things open up beginning next week.
Going to add this graph; hopefully they will also indicate when pre-arrival test program starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment