Sunday, October 11, 2020

Parsley Proothie

I christened the Nutribullet 600W with a parsley proothie! Since I was using American parsley there was not much of a parsley taste. I blended it for about 10 seconds and it did great; I had removed the biggest stems before adding it. All total from start to clean-up it was about 10 minutes; so about half the time than when I was using the old, leaky Versa blender that needed a lot of clean-up!

Looked more appetizing before blending!


When I went in to the kitchen this morning I found someone had left a box of cereal out last night after their midnight snack. (It was not on the counter when I went to bed at 11 pm and its Sunday morning; no one was awake before me this morning.) Whomever it was, he was very hungry; he couldn't wait to get at that cereal!


This morning I also noticed that one of the orchid blossoms is starting to die. It is one of the middle ones, not the very first one on the stalk; which I assume was the first to bloom. It will be interesting to watch the progression as they die. Will the blossoms that bloomed when the plant was being provided with excellent greenhouse care last longer than the blossoms that are younger but subjected to the inconsistent temperatures and watering at our house?


I spent some time today reading through the Warrior Goddess Kettlebell Training materials and watching videos again in preparation of starting tomorrow. And I discovered I am still unclear about some aspects of the program. I guess they will become clearer as I embark on this new journey!

I did another round of the Tabata HIIT-style kettlebell swings. Before lunch. Even in this short 3 times that I have done this I found that I could swing it faster than when I started (12 vs 10), I am not was winded when I am done, and my body is no longer sore when I finish. I think it may be time for me to increase the sets; I have only been doing one set. Right now I do this 3 days per week; somewhere along the line Lisa will increase the number of days per week. Stay tuned!

This is what I see when I am in the rest position.
Close-up of the interval timer.


For lunch I had the 2nd half of the misoyaki salmon and the remaining arugula salad with bacon bits and half the carrots. Since it is a Feast day I need to be eating more carbs, so I also had 1&1/2 cup hands (that's what they call it) of multigrain cereal with almond milk. 

According to the bag, about 15g carbs per 1/2 cup (which is about the size of a cup hand).


After lunch I played with Keala for a short while, she wanted to attack the mouse toy but showed no interest in the jack-o-lantern scratcher.


For dinner The Potential Most Favorite Roommate made fried chicken. I had 2 pieces along with the rest of the carrots and some nasubi and cabbage tsukemono that Lori made. It seemed to me to be a little light on carbs so I also had a bowl of Heritage Flakes;


After dinner I cleaned out one of the shelves in the cabinet next to the refrigerator; it is one of the shelves I never got around to purging when Mom was alive so it was way overdue! I found several things that weevils had gotten it to and eaten. There were some things that I wasn't even sure what they were to begin with. In the end, I cleaned everything out (forgot to take a photo), wiped it down with Microban 24, and refilled it with things for the 6-week Unicorn Challenge. I also attached the 4-week workout planner and the graphic on portioning out macros to the front of the cabinet door so it is right in front of me all the time.

Before, outside door.
Before; only top shelf has been cleaned & reorganized, several times.
Old information for Mom inside cabinet door.
Second shelf, before. I just stacked my stuff on top of other stuff that was here.
One of the many old things the weevils turned into powder!
After! (I found a plant-based protein supplement that is behind this one.)
After; outside of door.
Here's a closer look at helpful charts I posted on door.

Later in the evening S'mores was playing in the jack-o-lantern scratcher that The Roommates got for her birthday. She seemed to like hiding in there. But, then again, she likes to hide in and under a lot of things!


There were 103 new COVID-19 cases today for a total of 13,472 known cases statewide. There was also1 new death, bringing that total up to 169. Oʻahu had a 7-day average of 76 with a 3.7% positivity rate. There were 2553 active cases with 81% of people released from isolation. I was so wrapped up with getting ready for the Unicorn Challenge tomorrow I only got the easy to get stuff.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Keith & Sumit! A me ka Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanaʻo ʻEono (#6) e Kai & Percy!

No comments:

Post a Comment