Friday, November 20, 2020

Active Rest

Yesterday DT's car died; he thinks it's the starter. He was able to get a ride home from work; but I gave him a ride to work this morning. 

St. Louis Drive In thirty-two minutes before sunrise.

Then I went to do my sunrise walk which qualifies as Active Rest for the Warrior Goddess Kettlebell Training. It was lightly misting when I arrived; as I walked it remained that way until I was down by the park at the furthest point from the car.

Sixteen minutes before sunrise on Maunalani.

It started to drizzle; I headed straight up Wilhelmina to take the shortest way back. By the time I got back up to Sierra; it had stopped! Āue! I decided to go back to the car instead of head downhill and continue with my usual route; I only did 1.29 miles today instead of my usual 1.6 miles.

Nine minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

 

During my walk I saw Ona & Rio with Ona's friend Wendy right as I started my walk. Later, down by the park, I saw Cathy; I also passed her as I was driving back home. I didn't see any other regulars; I think it was mainly due to the weather.

You can barely see Lēʻahi.
 

Before I left the house this morning, I weighed myself since it's Friday. I have gained weight since last week, not lost. I know I am gaining muscle which is denser than fat, but it sure would be nice if I could also lose fat, too!

 

When I got back I found the other Roomba stuck in the corner by the spare refrigerator. This is the Roomba that The Roommates usually have cleaning the living room and their hallway. Since the Christmas tree got put up it has been in the dining room; on the opposite side of the electronic "walls" from where it usually cleans. So now we have 2 Roombas cleaning the dining room, kitchen, family room, and my hallway.

 

I made a hakurei proothie this morning after I returned from my sunrise walk. But with a twist; I added a tablespoon of walnuts. The tablespoon of walnuts adds 4.5g fat, 1g carbs, 1g protein, 40 calories, & a hint of walnut flavor. I think I will make this a permanent addition to my proothies. 

Walnuts in the proothie.
The hakurei proothie.

 
I registered for the NNDITC COVID-19 Case Investigator Virtual Training today. I needed to be already employed by a local, state, or federal agency in order to be eligible to take the training. Dave is working on a letter for me to provide to the registrar. I am wait listed for the December class but enrolled in the January class.

For lunch I had a piece of leftover eggplant parmesan, sauerkraut, & a green salad with blue cheese crumbles. But I forgot to take a photo of it.

After lunch I washed up the arugula, mizuna, & the other green that I think is a type of lettuce. I only washed about half of each bunch for salad for the next couple of days. I decided I should use a little of each rather than using one bunch at a time so we can enjoy them all before they start to go bad. I think I have figured out where the too cold spots are that had frozen parts of some of the other greens, turning them to mush before they could be used. 

The unknown green is on the top. Let me know if you know what it is.

DT will be using Grandpa's car while his is being worked on. But we found out the other day that the battery was dead so I called AAA to get a jump and also to have it tested. Getting started on that was a bit circuitous; because I was calling from my cell phone, it automatically routed me to Washington! I got routed back to Hawai'i, but they couldn't find my membership; they could only find a membership for Kai. It turns out Kai is the primary on the membership not me as it used to be before; they weren't sure why I wasn't showing up on the membership on their computer system. But the Washington AAA was able to verify that I was on the membership as well. Tiffany from O'Sung Towing came after lunch, tested the old battery & found it was very dead and also old. I purchased a new one & she installed it.

Dinner was almost the same as lunch but the eggplant parmesan piece was a little larger. I also had a green salad with blue cheese crumbles and sauerkraut.


The Aix weather app screenshot below is not very helpful since I copied it late in the day. The actual Tesla app records the real time generation of electricity from solar energy and gives me an idea of what the weather has been like through out the day light hours. It looks like it was kinda cloudy today.


Tonight it was reported that 87 more inmates at Waiawa have tested positive.  I wonder how many of them have been sent to our team?


There were 95 new COVID-19 cases today for a total of 16,936 known cases. There was 1 new death, bringing that total up to 224; there were 1301 active cases. The 7-day average of new cases for Oʻahu is 71 with a 2.6% positivity rate.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Dottie & Bear! A me ka Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanaʻo Makahiki ʻUmikumamāono e Hazuki & Todd!

No comments:

Post a Comment