Sunday, November 15, 2020

Guru Nanak Gurdwara

This morning I discovered that the Guru Nanak Gurdwara is now live streaming their services via Facebook Live! It was cool to hear them chanting; but their voices echoed off the walls as they chanted. I think only the musicians are their with them. After the attacks on 9/11, I would go there every Sunday as part of the Peaceful Witness program of the Human Rights Coalition for Snohomish County. Sometimes Kai would come with me; he fit right in with his untrimmed beard. As part of their service they have a communal meal; I'm sure that has all changed. Two of the volunteers who helped with the cooking also ran the service station that I always went to; they taught me how to count in Hindi so I could tell them which pump I was paying for.


I got an email from Dave this morning, asking if I can come in tomorrow to contact trace. He is expecting another busy day; a bunch of new cases must have come in today. We donʻt work on Sundays; at least, not right now. 

Today is Week 6, Day 7; the last day of the Unicorn Challenge. It is a Fast Day with Active Rest. I started the 30-day free trial for the My Fitness app; with the premium app I can set separate macro goals for the different days of the week. Here are the features that open up with the premium app.

The Nutrient Dashboard has several different ways to display components of what you have eaten. The default is Calorie Focus. The 1200 calories listed is what I was aiming for when I first began using My Fitness Pal in 2014 or 2015.

 

For the Warrior Goddess Kettlebell Training I will be focusing on macronutrients. I can go to another page and set the macronutrients for each individual day.


It was another cloudy/rainy day; the PV system generated 13.2 kWh today. The forecast for Honolulu was off base; there were no showers through out the day.


Those cats! Earlier I had mentioned that the cats found a loose portion of the netting on the west end of the cat run and got out. The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes temporarily refastened the netting but the wood is a little punky. I got hardware cloth but haven't been able to get out there when it is cooler to install it. This afternoon it looked like Keala was trying to get out again. She also was wanting to catch a Red-Vented Bulbul that was on the neighbor's roof.


Rani was also looking cute today. She was playing on the massage chair.


I wonder how much trouble and cuteness these cats get into? The reason I never had this many cats was because I would need a permit if I had more than 4  cats. We had 5 for what I thought was going to be a brief time when we were fostering Fuji; she was 16 years old, we thought she would be passing soon. She had other ideas and lived to be almost 22! Rosie passed first from kidney disease (at 12) and brought us in to compliance again.


This is an interesting fact that people don't think about much. If they did they would realize that if you go back far enough there will be so many ancestors you would likely find one that was historically significant.


Here's some election-related humor.


Earlier in the month HIPAM predicted the Halloween gatherings would cause a spike beginning around today. Based on the apparent increase in cases that we are calling it does appear to be increasing. I will know more in the next few days. 


There was no new COVID-19 case information reported today; no reason was given for why the data is not available today. The news reports that the data will be added to tomorrow's information.

Five years ago today, Shiro & Momo arrived here. This is also the day Shiro passed away; he had a nice, warm 3 years here.

No comments:

Post a Comment