Sunday, November 8, 2020

Unicorn Challenge Day 28

Today is Day 28 of the Unicorn Challenge (Week 4 Day 7); a Fast Day. I have been somewhat confused by what the days are labelled and alternate names for the challenge; so I asked more about it yesterday. And this is what I think is happening. All total it is a 6 week program that is called The Unicorn Challenge. The 1st week is a Preparation Week to get you ready for a fairly regimented 28-day program. You do the measurements, tests, photos, and weight documentation on the last day of Prep Week. Then you begin the 28 days. At the end of the 2nd week of the 28 days (or the 3rd week of the Unicorn Challenge) you do another series of measurements, tests, photos, and weight documentation. You continue with the 28 days until the end (which is also the end of the 5th week of the Unicorn Challenge). The Final Week appears to be spent experimenting with what program you want to move to next. The end of the Final Week is also the end of the 6th week and the end of the Unicorn Challenge; within 2 days of the end you do the final series of measurements, tests, photos, and weight documentation.


When I went to refill my water bottle about mid-morning, I found the water running at the kitchen sink but no one was around. I had heard the water turn on about 10 minutes earlier but did not think anything of it at the time. It turns out The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes was not home, he left about 2 hours earlier. The Potential Most Favorite Roommate had not been in the kitchen that morning and neither had DT. I think the culprit was Keala; I caught her sitting up on the edge of the kitchen sink yesterday. When I checked the water bowls I found that the one by the feeders was dry and the one in the dining room was almost dry.

I initially thought someone was washing the dishes.

While I was on Facebook today I saw that my friend Monikka had changed her profile picture to one she had taken with Alex Trebek on Jeopardy! I scrolled down to find out more about when she would be on the show, only to find that he had passed away this morning; she posted the 2016 photo as a tribute to Alex Trebek but FB moved the post up to the top of her feed. Apparently he finished taping all the shows for this season on October 29th; they will air through December 25th. Here's a short piece about contestants recalling their interactions with him.


The Potential Most Favorite Roommate made dinner tonight; he made Japanese-style steak and tempura carrots & eggplant. He also heated up the leftover Okinawan food from last night. And yes this is a Fast Day. For the Warrior Goddess Kettlebell Training program, they count the Fast day as starting at the end of your last meal of the previous day. They ask you to try to do a full 24 hours of fasting, but say if you can't make it a full 24 to do it for at least 16 hours. For this week, I fasted for 22 hours & had dinner with The Roommates. 


Today was another low production day, lower than yesterday. But still not the lowest I have seen.


There was another earthquake this morning but not in a place that would cause us any problems; it was in Rhode Island! I don't usually think of the East Coast as having earthquakes. In fact, this is the first time I recall seeing one on this website for the East Coast. I would have thought we would have seen it happening yesterday in DC, when the election was called in favor of Biden...



I hope people on Facebook, and elsewhere, take this advice.


I have an idea, maybe Facebook should limit posts in the next few months to only things about cats!


Or maybe stunning views like this one of Mount Rainier on a rare sunny fall day.


Or humorous content.


When I went to bed, the election results now showed Biden 290, Trump 214. Only 2 of the swing states have not completed the counting of legally cast ballots; Georgia and North Carolina. In Georgia, Biden was ahead by 10,352 with 99% of the ballots counted; this one is likely to go to an automatic recount. In North Carolina Trump is ahead by 75,371 with 99% of the ballots counted; Trump will likely get these 15 electoral votes bringing his total up to 229. (Alaska has not completed its count either but is not a swing state, apparently they just count slowly.)


The website is up for the Biden-Harris Transition. I especially love  that the COVID-19 response will be science based!


There were 128 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total up to 15,947. Since the Risk Factor graph is not showing a big rise in cases due to travel-related causes I think this is being caused by Halloween parties but I have not heard if there is anything officials have said about it. There was 1 new death reported for a death toll of 221: there are now 1280 active cases. The 7-day average of new cases on Oʻahu is 90 with a 3.1% positivity rate.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Mr. Watanabe!

No comments:

Post a Comment