Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Caught in the Act!

For the past week or so, may be longer, I would occasionally post a photo of the towel on the wicker chair, all balled up and sometimes covered with faux wool. I had never seen anyone on the chair; once I saw Keala walking out of the room. Today I caught the culprit in the act!

The mess someone has been leaving.
The culprit.
I changed the towel & she did the same thing.

I had a carrot greens proothie for breakfast this morning. I have one more proothie-worth of carrot greens. I think I will work on the hakurei greens next.


Later in the morning I went to Maunalani Nursing & Rehabilitation Center to pick up Dad's things. Yesterday Remy had said to go to the 3rd floor; Marissa came out to offer her condolences & also let me know Dad's things were actually on the 1st floor. When I got to the 1st floor entrance, both April & Marian came out to offer their condolences. Later in the evening, Czar called to offer her condolences. And last night RN Fred called. There are a lot of really nice people that work at Maunalani.

The first floor entrance.


I stopped by to check on the hapuʻu; it's looking really good. Last year the fronds were kind of droopy; this year the fronds are more upright and perky. One of the misters needed a little adjustment; because the fronds are more upright the lines are being stretched. I think I will need to extend the line to give it more slack.

Just before lunch I got a call from Scottie from the Veterans Administration. He was calling because Maunalani had contacted the VA yesterday to let them know Dad was in transit to Straub in an ambulance. He offered his condolences and said he was starting the process to close Dad's benefits. While we were discussing that he discovered that they never removed Mom from Dad's benefits! Which would mean we would have to repay the money that was sent to Dad. I told him I had called to let them know and had been told it was taken care of and he did find information in the file saying benefits for Mom had been cancelled. He is going to track down what happened and find out what they are going to require us to do since we did everything right and it was the VA's error. I started the spreadsheet to keep track of all the things I need to do to close out Dad's estate.

For lunch I warmed up some leftover eggplant parmesan, which I had along with a green salad with blue cheese crumbles.

 

I talked to Glenn from Hosoi Mortuary; he is the funeral director assigned to work with us. The receptionist thought I wanted to talk to someone today, when I had actually asked for a Friday appointment. When I told Glenn I would have the papers and other information he was asking about for our Friday appointment, it became apparent to him that there was a mix up in the appointment. We ended up with Glenn sending me an email with the questions he needed answered.

For dinner I baked a piece of salmon with a little smoked kiawe salt. I had it as well as a green salad with blue cheese crumbles. 


Because I was working on the spreadsheet, I did not do any workout. But I did listen to a bunch of Lisa's videos on preparing for the Wheel of the Year, Phase 1. 


Looks like it was cloudy & rainy in Kapaʻau all day today. It also looks like the period of insolation right now is about 7:30 am to about 5 pm. Even though it might be sunny after 5 pm, the panels are to the east side of the house so the shadow blocks the panels.

There wasn't enough insolation at 7:30 to create any energy.
Looks like it might have started shortly after 7:30.


Because of being at the emergency room I missed today's Papa ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi. It's a good thing they are recorded so I can go back later and view the lesson.

 

Now for some humor.


I'm not really sure what's going on with the COVID-19 case reporting. Apparently the delay the other day was because they are now taking 2 days to collect and double check the data before they post it. Apparently the Department of Health collects the case data, compiles it, then sends it to the Hawaii Emergency Management Agency by 8 am. HiEMA then posts it on the COVID-19 Dashboard by noon. But when I looked at the dashboard tonight it was all mixed up. Because the Hawaii Data Collective gets the raw data from DOH, it shows it behind, but right now its only 1 day not 2 days. So now I'm not really sure what date the data used in the 7-day case average for Oʻahu is coming from.

Which numbers am I supposed to believe?


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Jackie, Sue, Karen, Mora, & Catie!

No comments:

Post a Comment