Thursday, November 26, 2020

Getting My Eating Under Control

Not. Why am I starting on Thanksgiving with tracking my eating in the My Fitness Pal app? Gotta start some time. The spread tonight was good, as usual. Too good. Fortunately, I made sure I got in my workout before lunch! 

Yes, it is a little carb-heavy but I minimized my carbs at lunch.

The radish greens proothie this morning was like most of the other proothies, no discernible taste besides the chocolate flavor of the protein powder. So far my favorite greens are fennel and carrot because they give a hint of their taste to the proothie. I think I will start growing some mint to throw in to my proothie when I use greens that add no taste. 


In order to reduce my carb load, for lunch I had last night's dinner: cauliflower rice with Beyond Meat Crumbles. With enhancements. 

The basics.
The enhancements.
Tada! Now palatable!

The Potential Most Favorite Roommate made an egg salad sandwich for lunch today. While he was boiling his eggs he made a few more for me; I will be adding them to my salads for more protein. And I learned something new today. I was distracted so he put the eggs in the refrigerator since I had not come out to peel them as soon as they were done cooking; they were completely cold when I got around to that. They were much easier to peel and not have big chunks of albumen peel off with the shell. 

I always had eggs in here, so I added the note so The Roommates wouldn't think the eggs were really old & throw them out!

We moved cars around this morning; The Roommates helped DT jump his battery. It still gives another error code but his car is now no longer sitting in the parking lot at school. It's sitting at Curtis' house; they took it there when we went for our physically distanced, restaurant-style Thanksgiving dinner. But they did have to jump it again to get it started.

At Tier 2 restaurants are can seat 5 unrelated people at a table, with tables a minimum of 6 feet apart. Curtis also set up one table outside, which is where Alexis & I sat. He, Lori, Jenny, & Grandma sat at the main table in the dining room. And DT & The Roommates sat at a table in the living room. We wore disposable gloves when we were getting our food so the serving utensils were not contaminated. And everyone wore a mask except when we were eating. I wonder how other people are doing it? And whether we will see an increase in cases in a couple of weeks?

Everyone wore a mask when not actively eating.
We all put on disposable gloves before serving.
Curtis & his household sat at their usual table in the dining room.
DT & The Roommates sat at a table in the living room.
And Alexis & I sat out on the patio.

I did not know it was Alexis' birthday on Monday; I found out as we were driving to Curtis & Lori's house. We stuck a candle in a piece of Lilikoi cheesecake from Otto Cake; she likes lilikoi. After we sang Happy Birthday, she fanned the candle out.

The Oʻahu Seabird Aid program that Alexis is managing has had a record number of birds this year. She has been here for 2 weeks and has already gotten 560 birds! Last year she did a little over 200 in 3 weeks. She has another 2 weeks before she leaves. Except for the first year when Sam stayed with us, the OSA program managers have been staying at the DOFAW bunkhouse in Makiki.

Alexis at the Zoo, 2019. (Photo by HWC)

The road up to the bunkhouse.
The bunkhouse cat & the Hawai'i Wildlife Center van.

The Roommates finished decorating the tree this morning. Keala seems to like being part of the decorations. Hopefully she will be content with just being under the tree. Last year Luna & S'mores did very well with the tree; this year they seem to see it as just something else in the living room.

This is the tree skirt Keala likes to sleep on.

The Aix weather app forecasted a dry evening here and it was correct! It looked like it was also somewhat dry in the 2 other places I have on the app. On the Tesla app it looked like it was relatively sunny during the middle part of the day in Kapa'au but cloudy or even rainy in the early morning and late afternoon.


A little before 11 this morning there was an earthquake in Alaska. It did not generate a tsunami. Here is the information that is available online from NOAA's Tsunami Warning System. When you put the cursor over the icon the pop-up window gives you more information. Clicking on the "Message" at the bottom opens the Tsunami Warning Statement for the noted geographic area. Some earthquakes have multiple messages when there is a potential to create a tsunami that may affect multiple geographic locations.  


Friends on Facebook posted some interesting wildlife photos. 

They are actually honey bees.
Yes, sea otters have pockets, but this is a river otter which does not.


Here's some Thanksgiving humor.


And some non-holiday humor.

Apparently Skittles always has this look, kinda like Grumpy Cat.
Hawaiian has a series of funny ads on FB of people imagining they are here.

 

There were 120 new COVID-19 cases reported today for a total of 17,618 known cases. There were 2 new deaths, bringing that total up to 237; there are now 1341 active cases. The 7-day average of new cases on Oʻahu is 86 with a positivity rate of 2.6%.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Michelle!

No comments:

Post a Comment