Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Last Day at Tier 2?

Nah. Today the 7-day average of new cases is 73 with a positivity rate of 2.6%. In order to move to Tier 3 the new case average must be below 50 and the positivity rate must be below 2.5%. We are not moving to Tier 3 tomorrow. We will have to try again next week, but it is highly unlikely. FYI The color of the font on the graphic below for the 7-day average, positivity rate, new case number, and bar for the day indicate what tier we are at; red for Tier1, orange Tier 1, yellow Tier 3, and green Tier 4. I like that they have incorporated this additional visual piece in to the graphic.

 

I used the last of the carrot greens in my proothie this morning. I like how it gives a hint of carrot flavor to the proothie. 


I contact traced today; I started out the morning making call backs for people we had tried to unsuccessfully to contact yesterday. None of the 5 people I called answered. When the new cases came in about 30 minutes later I made 17 calls and got through to about half of them. After lunch I helped with follow-up calls; these are people who are isolating and we check up on symptoms & answer any questions they might have. For that batch of people I was able to tell one lady that today was her last day and tomorrow she was done with isolation! She was very, very happy! But is still planning on keeping away from vulnerable friends & family until she is feeling really healthy; she says she still has fatigue and coughs occasionally. When it's your choice to isolate its a lot easier to handle.

One of the people I talked to this morning worked at the Waiawa Correctional Facility; I had not heard anything on the news about it. He said they were in the midst of having all staff & prisoners tested. Then on the news tonight they said 8 prisoners tested positive! A bunch are in isolation while the await their test results and the public safety staff sets up testing for the rest of the facility.


I also talked to a guy who originally didn't answer but called me back. His excuse for not answering earlier? He was in the emergency room being examined! He had started a fever and his blood oxygen dropped to 81 so he was rushed to the ER; when I spoke with him he was doing better. His blood oxygen was back up to normal, which is 95-100. He was not sure if they were going to keep him overnight for observation or send him back home. I made a note for the person who calls tomorrow to ask about it. I also saw that the woman I talked to the 1st day that I was very concerned about was now out of the hospital and back home.

For lunch I went to Down to Earth again. This time I tried the Jackfruit Curry. I think it had too many carbs for my macros for today. But I did not want to eat the same thing as yesterday.

Front to back: Mock Chicken Tofu, Korean BBQ Tofu, & Jackfruit Curry.
Jackfruit Curry.

After lunch RN Kaylee from Maunalani called; she wanted to give me more information about Dad's last few hours & answer any questions I might have. She confirmed that /Dad was feeling fine in the morning, then just after lunch said he didn't feel well and pointed to the lower left side of his abdomen. Since he has a history of constipation that's what they thought it was. A little later he said he felt something in the center of his abdomen like indigestion. They checked his vital signs and found his blood oxygen level was low so they called an ambulance to transport him to the emergency room. He was not in pain during this time.

After I got home I made another batch of soymilk. While I was in the middle of doing that Jen called to give her condolences. We also talked about exciting news for her son, who has just gotten a contract for modeling! Cool! And she told me about the mushrooms they are growing on kits she bought; the one she is doing now are Golden Mushrooms (Pleurotus citrinopileatus).

Golden Oysters with family. (Photo by Jen)


After I was done with the soymilk, I did the WGKBT Lean workout. Since I had not worked out since Saturday it was a little intense. But it was still doable.


For dinner I had Spanish Paprika Roasted Chicken, a salad with blue cheese crumbles, and sauerkraut.


It was raining here this morning when I did a screen shot of the Aix Weather App from my phone. It was kind of overcast all day, too. Tesla

It looks like the panels start getting sun a little before 8 am.
Another cloudy day.


Last night I walked in to my bedroom to find Keala & S'mores on my bed! I decided to let them stay in; that lasted about 15 minutes. Keala would not stop running around on my bed. S'mores was better, but after a while she wanted out also.

L to R: S'mores & Keala.


There was an earthquake about 30 miles northwest of Haida Gwaii after lunch today; fortunately it did not create a tsunami.


I met several international students at the local community college several years ago; I have kept in touch with them mainly through Facebook. I saw this today; congratulations, Sumit!


Though I consider myself to be a spiritual person, I am not a very religious person; but I still know about the plagues that were sent when humans misbehaved. I thought this was humorous.


 

And now, more about toilet paper.


Here's a parody of a Bob Dylan song, "Everybody Must Stay Home".


What will the world look like after COVID-19? It's a bit long but I think it is good information about the upcoming vaccine process plus how might things change because of the pandemic. Bill Gates & Rashida Jones talk with Dr, Anthony Fauci.


The LG Update was posted yesterday. He had just returned from a trip to the continent, he compared our rates to what is happening nationally. We're doing very well. 


There were 107 new COVID-19 cases reported today, bringing the total up to 16,841. There were no new deaths reported so the total of deaths remains at 223; the were 1527 active cases. 


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Jim, Diane, Susan, Lori, & Jeff!

No comments:

Post a Comment