Monday, November 16, 2020

Lunch from Down to Earth

For lunch today I went to Down to Earth to pick up lunch from their deli & use the gift cards that I have. It is no longer self-serve at the deli; some food is pre-packaged, you have to request service for the rest. I chose the Korean BBQ Tofu to get some plant-based protein today.

Some of the hot bar items.
The info tags for the hot bar items.
Korean BBQ Tofu.

I started the morning with a carrot greens proothie. I like that it adds a mild carrot flavor to the proothie.


I was not supposed to work this morning, but Dave texted yesterday; he knew they would have a lot of new cases coming in today. I started the day doing first calls; I made about 10 calls and was able to talk to 5 people. When we were done with all the new cases; Dave had me work with Stewart doing follow-up calls. It's a lot easier to do the follow-up calls; you just need to check-in to see how the case is feeling and whether they have any more questions. The calls are much shorter than the first calls.

We are located in the ballroom.
OmniTrak has it set up with about only about 40 work stations.

After lunch I continued with the follow-up calls until I got a call from The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes. It seems I had accidentally turned my phone to silent earlier in the morning so I did not hear the calls coming in towards the end of lunch. Both Maunalani and Curtis had been trying to call me. The only reason I knew The Roommate was calling was because my phone was sitting on the table and I saw his call. Dave was great, he let me leave early to go to the emergency room.

By the time Curtis & I said Good Bye to Dad and I got all the paperwork, it was early evening. Today is the First Day of the Warrior Goddess Kettlebell Training's Wheel of the Year, Phase 1 program; since I was so late in returning I was unable to workout when I got home; but here is the introduction to this next phase. My goal is to lose the excess visceral fat that I have.

 

Here are the 4 key steps: 1) eating the right thing, at the right time, for the right purpose for you; 2) rest; 3) strength training; and 4) interval training. What I like is that strength training is an important part of the program rather than some other exercise. I have done Universal Gym type weight training before and enjoyed it so I am looking forward to this.


I did take my weight this morning for the final Unicorn Challenge weight & measure session. The Good News/Bad News is that I am the exact same weight as when I started 6 weeks ago!


I had leftover eggplant parmesan and a salad with blue cheese crumbles for dinner. I need to spriralize more beets and add them to my salads.


Those cats! Someone has been messing up my chair, pulling the towel off the back of the chair, balling it up, then trying to cover it with bits of faux wool. The towel was not wet so I don't think anyone peed on it, but I don't know how long it was like this, so I'm not 100% sure.


Today's paper had a great article about MA'O Organic Farms and their programs; this is the business we get our CSA box from. They bought over 200 acres of adjacent land to expand their operation four times to train youth and also increase their organic food production 10 times, among other things. MA'O also provides full college tuition for student interns; since 2001 they have helped interns earn 120 associates degrees, 43 bachelors degrees, & 3 masters degrees.


Here's a thought on a new way to do isolation, Japanese love hotels. Apparently this is something that has been going on for decades. Normally the interactions with staff are anonymous & pretty much non-existent plus they lock you in your room. However, with the advent of Westerners finding out about the love hotels some things have changed because Westerners don't understand the Japanese way of doing things. 


A Civil Beat article looked at all the data dashboards here. They found that, even though there are a whole lot more online sites than there were a few months ago, there are still data gaps. I'm glad I'm not the only one who was feeling like there needed to be other measures to help us get ahead of the COVID-19 pandemic. They are also wondering why there is no data on how many positive cases are reached in what amount of time.


Some people are considering holiday travel in the midst of the pandemic. According to the map of the US in the article showing the hotspots highlighted in red, some places are less safe than others. 


Our rate of new COVID-19 cases is slower than much of the rest of the nation. But it has not been slow enough to allow us to cruise to the next less restrictive tier for reopening. Here is a graphic representation of the reopening process.


There were 95 COVID-19 cases reported for yesterday. The State is changing they way they report the statistics; they are delaying it an additional day (so 2 days after the fact). They say they are doing it in order to provide more accurate numbers; for me it messes up my understanding of how we are doing. I can live with a 1 or 2 case inaccuracy that is corrected later in order to have quicker access to information.  The 7-day average of new cases on Oʻahu was 73 with a 2.8% positivity rate; I am assuming they get they up to date information and are not reporting numbers from 2 days ago but giving it today's date.


 Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Ken & great-niece Kaia!

No comments:

Post a Comment