Saturday, November 7, 2020

Okinawan FEASTival 2020

This week was Okinawan FEASTival 2020; an event to showcase Okinawan food & the Okinawan-owned restaurants that are serving them. Since today was a Feast Day for me, I treated The Roommates to an Okinawan dinner tonight. I picked up Shoyu Pork from Tatsuo's Hawaiʻi, Goya Chanpuru & Okinawan Soba from Utage Restaurant, and Okinawan Sweet Potato Haupia Pie from Gyotaku Restaurant. I also discovered Tatsuo's serves breakfast; I will have to add that to the breakfast list so when we get to Tier 4 & start going out to Tuesday breakfast again.

Shoyu pork.

Goya chanpuru.
Okinawan soba.
Okinawan sweet potato haupia pie.


I also wanted to get Andagi (regular & pumpkin spice) from Pagoda Restaurant but COVID got in the way. One of the Aloha Andagi family members was exposed to someone with COVID-19, so the entire family is in quarantine in order to keep the rest of their family, friends, & customers safe.


I had a raspberry proothie this morning; I forgot to defrost the avocados. I prefer blueberries because the raspberries have tiny seeds that get stuck in my teeth; but Kokua Market was out of blueberries when I was searching for frozen berries. 


This is Day 27 of the Unicorn Challenge (Week 4 Day 6); it is a Feast Day with two 5 minute AMRAPs. Because I was running around picking up food for the FEASTival, I did not have time to do any of the AMRAPs; I will try to get to them tomorrow.


I had leftover spaghetti with shirataki noodles and salad for lunch.


I found a great series of videos on a site called Redefining Strength. I like Cori's videos because she includes citations to studies that support what she is talking about; like videos on Dr. Mike Hansen's site. It also reminds me of how Cook's Illustrated presents information. Here is her video on kettlebell training.

 

Before I went to pick up our dinner I watched Biden give his acceptance speech. I actually got to Utage about 15 minutes late because I delayed my departure to watch them.

History-making VP Harris introduces the Prez-elect.
I guess he made history, too; most votes received by any presidential candidate.


 

I did notice that there were some "angry" faces on the Facebook Live post of Biden's acceptance speech. I hope the people that clicked the "angry" faces (and others) keep this in mind.


Another cloudy, low kWh day; though not as low as yesterday. By checking the Tesla app for power output, I can get a rough idea of how sunny it was, which lets me know whether the potted plants I left under the misters have a better chance of surviving or not. So far, I think they should be doing okay.


 

There was a small earthquake in Alaska very early this morning. It did not generate a tsunami


This looks like an interesting project for The Roommates; it's called the Gatrimonial bed. The bed was designed by a Colombian company called CatLife; hence "gatrimonial" from gato = cat in Spanish. The cats spend a lot of time in their bedroom so they might like to have another play area for them.


 

When I went to bed, Biden's lead was widening; 279 to 214.


And now for some humor. We start with election humor. 


There were 128 new COVID-19 cases reported today for a total of 15,819 known cases. There was 1 new death reported, bringing the death toll up to 220; there were 1273 active cases. The 7-day average for new cases on Oʻahu was 82 with a 3.1% positivity rate.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Linda, Maria, Darryl, & Naomi!

No comments:

Post a Comment