Sunday, November 22, 2020

BBC Pidgin Edition

Did you know you can get BBC news stories in pidgin? African pidgin, that is. I did not know that and found this when I was checking the Niu NOW FB page to see if the Niu NOW Zoom meeting was today  on the 4th Sunday or next week on the last Sunday; I could not remember which one it was. (Apparently it is next week on the last Sunday.)

 

When I was putting the laundry away this morning I looked closely at one of the dish towels. It's actually a fish towel. They look like goldfish exercising. I think one of them is supposed to be using kettlebells.


Today is an Active Rest day with Fasting. I didn't make it the full 24 hours on the fast today; I think it's because I didn't eat dinner last night. They recommend going at least 16 hours without food and I was able to do that; I lasted for 17 hours. For dinner I had salmon that I got from Sam's Club and salad with blue cheese crumbles. The salmon was a little dry and overdone. And tasteless. The salmon from Don Quijote is much, much better!


It was drizzling on and off here during the day; the Aix weather app shows light precipitation. Kapa'au showed more precipitation today and the Tesla app seemed to confirm it. 

Rain in the evening.

Those cats! I mean these cats! These aren't mine, but they are funny!

So far, none of our cats have done this.


People wonder if there are seasons in Hawai'i; yes, there are. But its more subtle.


My friend Paula takes a lot of great photos of wildlife and beautiful landscapes. Here is one of a small raptor called a Merlin.


I can't believe that anyone would think this invention was necessary. What's wrong with gravity and the human body?


These dogs are pretty funny, too.


Here is a graphic that shows how you can have a negative test but still have COVID-19. For 95% of people who will develop symptoms they will do so by Day 14; they are infectious 2 days prior to showing symptoms to about 10 days after symptoms begin. Most of the remaining 5% who will develop symptoms will become symptomatic within the next 14 days. Then there are those people who never develop symptoms but can still infect you; research is ongoing but it appears to be as high as 40-50% of infected people. That is why wearing a mask helps stop the spread of COVID-19.


There were 123 new cases of COVID-19 reported today for a total of 17,220 known cases. There were 2 new deaths reported bringing the death toll up to 233; there were 1336 active cases. The 7-day average of new cases for Oʻahu was 76 with a 2.7% positivity rate.


No comments:

Post a Comment