Sunday, November 1, 2020

I Got My Social Security Card!

You may recall that on October 10th I applied for a job but found I needed 2 pieces of government issued identification, but only have 1 with me right now (drivers license). The other pieces are in Kapa'au where 90% of my things are (birth certificate, passport, Social Security card). And after finding it would take 63 business days to get a replacement birth certificate, I applied online for a replacement Social Security card on October 12 & got another surprise. Since I was not willing to send them my drivers license for an unknown amount of time I ignored the email they sent me. Then on October 16th I got another email; I thought Social Security was going to remind me that I had not sent anything to them. Instead, it said I would receive my replacement card in 5 to 7 business days! Which would have been October 27th. Now to be fair to the Social Security Administration, it might have arrived then; but apparently we had not picked up the mail for a few days and The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes got all of it today. I sent an email to David at Omnitrak, along with an electronic copy. (I now also have one saved to my laptop in case I need to do this again.) While I am glad that I finally have a 2nd government issued ID, I am a little concerned that I did not send them verification that it was really me asking for a replacement for my card. Auē!  


This is Day 21 of the Unicorn Challenge (Week 3 Day 7); it is a Fast Day with Active Rest. I chose instead to rest inactively. I think my fibromyalgia fatigue is setting in; I have been having more trouble getting up early in the morning; so I decided to sleep as much as I could today. I was quite successful! FYI I will be skipping the sunrise walk until I am done with the challenge.


The weather was a little better today in Kapaʻau; it looked like it stayed relatively sunny through about midmorning. Then had patchy cloud cover for the rest of the day; the PV was able to generate 19.1 kWh today.


I got my digital "I Voted" sticker today! Iʻm not sure why it looks like an alien. If this is some Pop Culture reference, can someone please enlighten me?


Apparently people still showed up in Waikiki for Halloween, though not in as large a number as in usual years. Several other venues provided physically distanced trick or treating options as well as virtual options.


There was an earthquake in Alaska this morning but no tsunami was generated.


There were 83 new COVID-19 cases today, bringing the total up to 15,154. There were no new deaths so that total remains at 219. The 7-day average for Oʻahu is 50 with a 2.1%positivity rate. There are 1140 active cases with a 79% recovery rate. Lānaʻi seems to have stabilized at 99 cases & no deaths so far; but they still have to remain cautious for another month or so to really be in the clear.


No comments:

Post a Comment