Sunday, April 4, 2021

Kalo Curry

I got out of bed earlier than I have on a Sunday in the last few weeks. I am still moving things off my laptop and on to zip drives so I have more memory in order to work with files. Since I was up and moving around I decided to make curry with the kalo we got in the previous week's CSA box. I also used the leeks, cilantro, & lime from the previous week's CSA box. And I used freshly harvested lemon grass from our back yard. I heated up some frozen cauliflower rice and we had leftovers from last night as well. It was a great dinner!


I moved a bunch of photos for the blog off the laptop; about 2 years worth of photos. I now have about 24 GB of free space. I am now able to work on creating, editing, & saving large documents. I can also back up the items on my laptop again.


I finished in the top position in theDuolingo Diamond League today. In doing so I earned 1500 gems.


I read an interesting article about learning a new language as an adult. They had a special discussion about using Duolingo. I pretty much agree with their review of using Duolingo. I have been trying to find people to talk to so I can practice conversational Hawaiian.


The Aix weather app forecast rain throughout the day & in to the evening. That really wasn't what happened today; it was mainly sunny.


I must have been really tired last night; I made an interesting discovery when The Potential Most Favorite Roommate & I went to move our cars this evening. Last night I left Curtis & Lori's earlier because I was tired; when I got home I plugged the charging cable in to the car & went to sleep. Tonight I discovered I did not plug the other end to the outlet! Auē!  I plugged it in this evening.

Kīlauea caldera is still erupting. That fringe of new lava around the edge seems to have dissipated today.


There were 96 new COVID-19 cases reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 30,135. There were no new deaths reported today so the death toll remains 467; currently 1301 cases are considered active. The 7-day new case average is 59 with a 2.1% positivity rate.

 

Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Brian & Israel. A me ka Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanaʻo Makahiki ʻumikumamāwalu e Maria & George!

No comments:

Post a Comment