Sunday, April 18, 2021

Shopping at Kokua

I picked up some groceries at Kokua Market; I had not been there for weeks and was running low on things. I needed more tuna; I frequently use it as the protein on my salads and sometimes over brown rice. I didn't buy the Diamond Head brand even though it is local; each can is 7 ounces. I didn't think I could eat all 7 ounces in one sitting, which is what I do with the 5 ounce cans.


The air conditioning did not go on again this morning; it was another cool morning. I think the cool mornings are supposed to continue through the end of this week. 


The Potential Most Favorite Roommate got his 2nd COVID-19 vaccination this morning. In 2 weeks our entire household will be fully vaccinated! Which is great since we are all now working outside of the house.

Before I went to Kokua, I dropped off some vegetables with Paris; she was working yesterday so I was unable to drop them off yesterday. 

The Aix weather app was pretty consistent today; it gave essentially the same forecast both at 1 and 6 this morning. And it was pretty accurate; there was no precipitation here today.


The Kīlaeau crater eruption continues. But the lava lake has not yet gotten high enough that it can be seen from a lookout at the crater rim; I will be checking that weekly until I notice that the glow of the hot lava can be seen.

Still dark.

I saw an interesting article about a species of sea slug (Elysia marginata) in Japan that can do an extreme autotomy; in this case they separate their body from their head. Then, over a period of 17 days, they grow a new body including a new heart! Amazing! The scientists studying them believe they are using stem cells to regrow their body and heart. DO NOT WATCH THIS VIDEO IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH. 


How many mosquito larvae are in the vase?

I counted 13. Did you find more?

There were 111 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 31,381. There were no new deaths reported so the death toll remains at 474; currently 1206 cases are considered active. The 7-day new case average for Oʻahu is 55 with a positivity rate of 1.9%.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Beth & Vicente! A me ka Hauʻoli mahope lā Hānau e Eric!

No comments:

Post a Comment