Saturday, April 24, 2021

RAV4 Gets a Bath

I was going to have the RAV4 washed after the safety check was completed this morning. But the lines to get in to McKinley Car Wash were the longest I have seen them; previously I would go early in the morning during the middle of the week. Instead, The Bronco Dude and The Most Excellent Cook washed the RAV4 at the house.

Looking slightly off white.
Needs a bath!
Hosing down the front end.
Back to white again!

Prior to that we ran some errands at City Mill & Ace Hardware. While The Bronco Dude was buying parts at Ace Hardware, The Most Excellent Cook and I walked over to Juicy Brew a couple doors down and picked up lunch. She decided on the Mushroom Melt, she picked up a Korean Fried "Chick'n" Burger for The Bronco Dude, and I got a Breakfast Sandwich. She also got an Antioxidant Tea. As usual everything was good.

Besides ordering online, you can look at the menu in the window.
The parklet in the space right in front of Juicy Brew.
The back side of their "open" sign.
The Breakfast Sandwich.

While we were at the house we also picked jabon, guavas, rosemary, bay leaves, and Chinese chives for The Most Excellent Cook to use while she is here.

The jabon tree sends out new flowers (upper left) while fruit from previous year matures. 

We picked up Beth & Gary and took them to get shave ice at Shimazu Shave Ice; it's next door to Rainbow Drive-In at Hawaiʻi's Favorite Kitchens. Beth said it was the best she had tasted. I had the LH Pickled Mango; it was also very good. I hope Beth also gets to try the shave ice options at Uncle Clay's House of Pure Aloha and Waiola Shave Ice.

We got the Kid Size; it's huge!

I went with them to Costco while they picked up supplies. I got a bag of Little Cuties to take to work for the snack table and a bag of pita chips to use as a carrier for cream cheese, Greek yogurt, or peanut or almond butter.

Can't sit around and eat your Costco pizza anymore.

I was going to join them later in the evening so I decided to take a nap in the late afternoon. Big mistake. The combination of a full and hectic week of working at the POD, driving more than usual, and walking around in the hot sun sapped my energy and I slept longer than I expected.

I'm only a day away from practicing on Duolingo for a full year! I have actually been using it earlier than that but not consistently every day.


The Aix weather app forecast a little rain in the earlier parts of the morning, then becoming drier with some partly cloudy weather for the rest of the day. I saw a little evidence of rain but not enough to wash the dirt off of the RAV4. The day did get drier and sunnier as the day went on.

Nā Koʻolau at 8:02 am.

It looks like the CDC and FDA have voted to resume use of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine with added precautions for women under 50; the benefits outweigh the risks so they are providing information for people to make informed decisions on whether they want the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or one of the other alternatives. I have not heard if we will be offering it at the LCC POD; we'll probably find out during our Monday morning meeting.


There were 51 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 31,802. There was also 1 new death reported bringing the death toll up to 478; currently 1078 cases are considered active. The 7-day average of new cases on Oʻahu is 57 with a 2.0% positivity rate.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Chuck, Jack, Amy, & Mason!

No comments:

Post a Comment