Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Oh, Oh ... Part 2

Last night I had heard on the news that the LCC POD was an open POD. At the Breakout Supervisors Meeting this morning it was confirmed that the LCC POD was a closed POD. But we were also told that it was erroneously reported in the media that people did not need appointments and could just walk in! Auē! We were told there were 884 appointments as of this morning but to be ready for more because of walk-ins. I did ask how late they expected to let walk-ins come in; I was told the gates to the parking lot would be closed at 3:15 pm. By the end of the day we ended up with only 841; I guess the walk-ins didn't.


About 9:30, Clinic said they were going to add another vaccinator because of the backlog in the line; we were able to handle it with Amelyn stepping up and entering data for that vaccinator. The day before we had been told that the staff numbers for the following day are set at the 10 am IMT meeting and should not be changed after the meeting because a lot of other plans are made based on those numbers. Today, at 10:30, I was told Clinic was planning on keeping the vaccinators at 10, so we would stay at 10. About 2 hours later I was told they were increasing the vaccinators to 12; not sure what happened to make them increase the number after the 10 o'clock meeting. I never heard what the numbers are for tomorrow; a sharp rise in the numbers after the meeting would be the only thing that I can think of that would make them increase the staffing after the 10 o'clock meeting.

I had made a chart for Marjorie so when she is in the 10 o'clock meeting she knows how many forms Data Entry can handle with various numbers of staff. I also sent it to Alicia & Amelyn so they would have the information available for any meetings they might be in.


On the way in to work I was a little late. There was an interesting accident along the way. The car took out a light pole and was sitting in the grassy right-of-way on the side of the freeway; none of it was blocking any part of the freeway. I think people were just slowing down to take a look. There were also a lot of first response vehicles around the accident. 


I don't remember where lunch was from today but I do remember that I did like it the previous time we had it. So I ordered the vegetarian option again. I was not disappointed.


I was able to fill out 7 more days of ICS 214 forms; that's now a total of 17 days done. I am still not sure how many more I need to do since we can't remember when we actually started filling them out. But Koa says the Chief that is in charge of keeping track of them will be sending out an email soon letting the different groups know what days are missing. I think we started doing them around March 11th or 12th; it was after I started training to be the lead but before Alicia & Jennifer left us in charge. I think I've got 10 or 12 more to complete.

Because I was spending a lot of time recreating the ICS 214's, I spent less time walking around. And it showed on the map of my route; only 1.33 miles today.


When I got home there was a Red-vented Bulbul sitting on the neighbor's roof, scolding Luna. She was lying on the top shelf out in the cat run staring at the bird and making those funny squeaky noises. Keala was at the other end of the cat run also making the funny squeaking noises. It's a good thing the cat run is fully enclosed so they can't go leaping out and on to the neighbor's roof to chase the bird!


Duolingo continues to try to encourage me to continue studying. Today it was telling me to keep up my studying streak. If I keep it up for another 5 days I get some sort of digital prize.


The Aix weather app showed it raining all day in various amounts. There were some clouds in the morning but they never turned in to rain makers.

At 6:48 am.
Nā Koolau at 6:52 am.

Kīlauea continues to erupt but has not yet filled up the lava lake enough so that it can be seen from the overlook.


There were 48 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the number of known cases up to 31,490. There were no new deaths reported so the death toll remains at 474; currently there are 1166 cases considered active. The 7-day new case average on Oʻahu is 54 with a 2.0% positivity rate.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Carole & Heather!

No comments:

Post a Comment