Monday, April 26, 2021

Pesky Papers!

We spent a bunch of time today re-alphabetizing the forms that came back in the boxes; it takes about 1&1/2 to 2 hours to do a box, depending on how bad it is. Today, as I was re-alphabetizing one folder, I happened to see 2 forms slip over the edge of the work surface & disappear behind the drawers in the cubicle. When I opened up the drawer so I could reach back & get the forms I saw a whole bunch of forms! It turns out I was unable to get my arm through the gap any farther than my forearm; I was also unable to figure out how to remove the drawer. No one else there knew how to do it either. 

The forms were sitting here, near back cubicle wall, but pile was higher & leaning against wall.
The alphabetized forms are placed back in the box.
The escaped forms.
I turned the folders away from the back wall.

Later in the afternoon, Jennifer loaned me a long rod she had in her car; I was at least able to poke the forms with it. I used the rod to skooch the forms forward, then I reached in the tiny gap under the drawer & carefully pulled each form out from under the drawer. It took about 15 minutes but I got them all; plus a bag of genmai cha, a paper clip, a small binder clip, and a page from an old employee manual! That was the most exciting thing I did all day.

It turns out there were 43 forms under there; all from the B folder of the day I was working on. Since I know I got that box out & stacked the forms up just before our 11:30 internal LCC POD meeting, I think they must have been slowly sliding out of the folder during the meeting; I only saw 2 fall before I moved the pile away from the gap.

This is the B folder before I retrieved the stray forms.
This is the B folder with all its forms.
The solution.

I had lunch at the cafe on the 5th floor; I'm not sure what the name of the cafe is. I had the salmon furikake bento.

My lunch time view. Queen's Hospital.

I stopped by Kokua Market on the way home; I picked up some things for Sarah who is a vegetarian. When I got home I moved some of the plant-based meal ingredients I had into the other freezer along with the things I bought for Sarah.


As I turned on to the main road as I left Kokua I ran in to a traffic jam; it's the 1st time I have run in to one while leaving Kokua. It turns out people were leaving the freeway & using surface streets due to an accident near the 6th Avenue exit.

The street just after I left Kokua.

There were 3 police cars redirecting traffic.

I also took photos of all the cats and sent them to Sarah with a little blurb about their pet-ability. Here's what I sent her.

This is Keala, the friendly cat. She will let you pet her.
This is Smorsie, the skittish cat. You probably won't see her.
This is Luna, the bipolar kitty. Sometimes she will let you pet her but then she will hiss and swat you because you pet her too much. It's a very fine line.

And I sent her an article about the Hawaiian monk seal that was born today on Kaimana Beach. That is walking distance from the house so they will be able to walk down and see the new pup and mom. This is the same beach where another Hawaiian monk seal was born in 2017. They have not identified the mom yet.


The Aix weather app forecast a somewhat cloudy morning with rain in the afternoon & evening. And it was cloudy in the morning but was sunny in the afternoon.

At 7:15 am.
Nā Koʻolau at 7:19 am.

The lava lake at Kīlauea caldera looks a little smaller to me this evening. It still has not risen high enough to be seen from the overlook.


There were 70 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 31,991. There were no new deaths reported so the death toll remains at 478; currently 1110 cases are considered active. The 7-day new case average for Oʻahu is 57 with a positivity rate of 1.9%.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e nā hoa hānau Karen, Daniel, & Kenley!

No comments:

Post a Comment