Wednesday, April 21, 2021

VAMS Maintenance Activity

As the team was logging in to VAMS this morning, we got a big red warning banner across the top of the screen saying, "VAMS will be undergoing maintenance activity ... users may experience system disruptions". I had never had to use VAMS when there was scheduled maintenance activity; but I know for banks and such they tell you that you won't be able to get in and do anything. I texted a photo to Alicia & Jennifer. Then I called Ops and warned them that we might not be able to do much from 1 to 2 pm. About an hour later Ops came by and said they found a work-around for the one thing we did for them that could impact incoming patients; I told them I thought we would be able to catch up before 3:30 when the staff usually leaves. Then about an hour later later Alicia called to say she had talked to Elizabeth who said we should be able to do most anything. But if it got glitchy to log out, then log back in. I relayed that message to Ops. And crossed my fingers.


Then another hour or so later the red banner changed; the routine maintenance was now going to take place between 2:30 and 3:30 our time. Auē! We think perhaps California complained since the original time would have occurred when they were closing PODs for the end of the business day. But now this would be worse for us since the POD closes at 3 and we spend the next 30 minutes finishing off the last forms and cleaning up the work space. If we are unable to enter data, we would have open things back up after 3:30 to do the forms that came in during that period. It would probably mean another hour or so after things came back online. Fortunately, Elizabeth was right and we had no problems. As usual, we ended up doing less forms than were anticipated in the morning. I also found out there were only 2 walk-ins yesterday.


As I was getting ready this morning I heard a commotion out in the cat run and looked out to see Luna climbing up the west end of the cat run. It really is a good thing it is fully enclosed!

Luna scrambling up to the top of the stud.
On her way back down.

Lunch today was from Teruya's; I remembered to take a photo of the lunch board but forgot to take a photo of the lunch since I was so hungry! If you really want to see what it looked like, click here for a photo of the previous time we had lunch from Teruya's.


I forgot to get a screen shot of the Aix weather app. But it was nice and sunny when I got to LCC. It got even sunnier and hotter as the day wore on.

Leaving the house at 6:41 am.
Arriving at LCC at 7:09 am.

The eruption at Kīlauea is still going on. Not much new is happening; I guess that's a good thing since that means it is contained to the caldera and just filling it up rather than popping out somewhere else unexpectedly.


There were 73 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 31,561. There were no new deaths reported so the death toll remains at 474; currently 1161 cases are considered active. The 7-day average of new cases on Oʻahu is 55 with a 2.0% positivity rate.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Bruddah Grant!

No comments:

Post a Comment