Wednesday, February 3, 2021

He Lā Ua Kēia Lā

Are you wondering what I wrote yesterday on the caption for the Duolingo screenshot? Here's a hint.


It started out very rainy this morning. Also windy; I ended up closing the sliding glass door. Which meant the cats could not go out to the cat run but it did not matter at the time I closed it; no cats were wanting to go out in the cat run! I opened it up just before I left; Luna was giving me the stink eye because she wanted to go and check it out. 

7:51 am.
The wind was blowing rain in to the house.
I had to close the window over the kitchen sink also.

I watched the Aix forecast more closely this morning. Today at 5 it looked like it was going to be extremely wet today with lightning. A couple hours later they dialed it back a bit on the rain amount but it still showed lightning.

At 5:16 am.

About 2 hours later.

I had another carrot greens proothie this morning. I did not blend it as long as I usually do; it was a little more fibrous than usual. Iʻll have to remember that tomorrow morning.


On the way to LCC I saw a lot of clouds but no rain. In fact, the freeway was a lot drier today than it was yesterday. It was also still dry when I got to LCC.

Looking mauka at 8:41.
On the freeway at 8:53.
At LCC at 9:05.

At the LCC vax POD today we entered information on 925 doses; yesterday we did 985, last week it was running about 1100 per day. It was very slow in the morning when it was raining more. And at one point they considered closing the POD if the thunderstorms & lightning started; fortunately they never did. By lunch we only had about 300 entries. We're hoping things will pick up tomorrow when the weather is supposed to be better.

When I signed in this morning I noticed there was a white board that said lunch was from Tanioka's and the vegetarian option was Yaki Tofu Poke salad; I decided to try it. The meal was tasty but my usual spot had gotten soaked because of the blustery winds blowing the rain around; I found a dry chair around the corner and had lunch there. 

My usual spot.
I found a dry chair just around the corner.

From my new lunch spot I was able to look over towards the loʻi between the college and West Loch.

The loʻi.

For dinner I sauteed a smoked chicken apple sausage & baby pac choi again. I also had salad with balsamic dressing.


The Tesla app confirmed there was less than optimal insolation in Kapaʻau today.


The lava activity at Kīlauea caldera is still putting on a good show.

 

The newscasts showed soe footage of the snow on Mauna Kea. I checked in to the webcams but it looks like I will only be able to get good screen shots during the day.


The LG Update provided more information on the proposal regarding how vaccinations will impact travel to the State and interisland. Plus he made a prediction for the SuperBowl this weekend.


There were 74 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 26,081. There were also 4 new deaths reported today, bringing the death toll up to 414; currently 1383 cases are considered active. The 7-day average of new cases on Oʻahu is 60 with a positivity rate of 2.4%. As of Sunday, 157,018 vaccines have been administered of the 227,600 doses received, or about 69%. 


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Susan & Fran!

No comments:

Post a Comment