Thursday, February 11, 2021

She Likes It!

I dropped off the Family Reunions Photo Album at Aunty Judy's house after I left LCC today. My phone had totally died by the end of the day since I was doing the step tracking; I had forgotten to bring my Anker external battery to charge it up. So I was unable to call Aunty Judy before I went over to her house. When I got there I realized she would not be able to hear the car pull up either since it was electric! Auē! I knocked but did not get a response; I even walked around to an open window and yelled up towards it but also did not get a response. I ended up leaving the photo album at the foot of the stairs as we had discussed.


I got a call later in the evening from Aunty Judy; she likes it! Since I had been unable to find the same type of album she used, I used a 3-ring binder with sheet protectors; she liked that she could now add more pages to the album. She also liked the thumb drive that I included that had her original jpg files, the pdf I created, and Mom & Dad's memorial slide shows both in ppt as well as mp4 formats.

I had a salad greens proothie this morning; I forgot to wash other greens for my proothie. Since no one had been eating them anyway, it seemed like a good way to use them before they self-destruct.


The weather looked like it would be pretty good today, judging by the clouds I saw coming over the Koʻolau range as I made my way to the freeway on-ramp.


I made a quick stop at the Kaiser COVID-19 testing station on my way to LCC; I needed to get the pre-travel test for my trip to Kona on Saturday. My appointment was for 9:15 but I arrived about 15 minutes early & was able to get in to the drive-up testing station. It wasn't very busy.

There are 2 cars between the car seen here & me; no one was behind me.

I got to LCC at my normal time; 9:15. Alicia was still out; hope she is not feeling too ill from her 2nd shot. DeeAnn & I trained Debra & Donelle to also be runners; they're both good & efficient. I think the toughest part is getting people to understand that the vaccinators have a counterpart in data entry & they have to remain in the same team for the day in order for the data to be entered correctly. The student nurses are at Stations 10 through 14; they switch after lunch so we also have to reassign data entry people after lunch. That has very confusing for a couple of the people who were training to be runners; we decided not to put them through that & found other jobs that were more suitable for them.

Lunch today was from Yama's Fish Market. It was Shoyu Eggplant with Tofu; I liked it.


Just after lunch I got an email from Dave; OmniTrak has been cutting back on the number of first callers due to the decrease in new cases. Which is fine with me. Usually there are 9 or 10 people working each day, 7 days a week; that has gone down to 4 per day. I would be happy to put myself out of the contact tracing job by helping with the vaccine PODs!  


About an hour after lunch they began shutting down the vaccination stations done by the students. As each pair go to the end of their vaccine vial, they started cleaning up; leaving the veteran nurses on Stations 1 through 9. About an hour after that, they stop distributing new vials & start counting exactly how many people are in line before they open up another vial. When the numbers are close, they begin shutting down stations as the vials are emptied. They try to get as close as possible to having no leftover doses when the people with appointments have been vaccinated; once a vial is opened, all doses must be administered within 6 hours. Today there were 7 doses left, which is a lot to waste; they went around the volunteers at LCC to find someone who needed a shot. It turns out the nurse giving the shots at that station needed a shot herself so one of the supervisors stepped in to administer the last shots. Our runner Debra still needed her 2nd dose, she was eligible yesterday & was scheduled for next week so she was able to get it today. At the end of the day there were only 2 doses that they were unable to find recipients for here at the POD. I'm not sure if they arrange for other potential recipients to be waiting back at their office so those last doses don't need to be wasted. 

Today I paused the Samsung Health Tracker app when I went to pick up my lunch, then turned it back on when I was doing the runner work again. At the end of the day it said I had covered almost 2.5 miles running forms back & forth! I have been doing the 7 stations farthest from the data entry room. 


Although Kaiser says your test results will be back in 24 to 48 hours, I got an email before I left LCC saying my results were ready; about 8 hours after the sample was taken. As expected it was negative. Now I need to upload it to the Safe Travels site and get my QR code.


The Aix weather app forecast for Honolulu seemed to be pretty accurate today; the sun was out most of the day with some clouds but there was no rain. For Kapa'au the Tesla app seemed to indicate it was cloudy and could possibly have been raining as well. It looks like Kai may be getting some of that polar vortex weather coming his way beginning later this evening; at least, that's what Aix thinks is going to happen.


There were 95 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 26,675. There was 1 new death reported, increasing the death toll to 424; currently 1078 cases are considered active. The 7-day new case average for Oʻahu is 50 with a 1.8% positivity rate.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Moni & David!

No comments:

Post a Comment