Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

The Aix weather app forecast that it rain here ALL day; when I got up it was beginning to rain. It rained on & off while I was working on things; as I got ready to leave it started to rain harder. About 5 minutes later it slowed down so I headed to my car which was parked on the side of the road, under the ʻohai aliʻi. It looked like it was clearing up.

6:57 am; the rain begins.

8:40 am; Aix did say it would rain more.

8:45 am; but it did not say it would stop.
8:48 am; looking easterly.

As I drove to LCC, it was looking very dark in the mountains. Then it started raining as I was on the freeway; good thing I have driven in downpours before! It was still raining when I got to LCC but it was slower than it was as I was on the freeway.

I am going to the building in the background.

I headed to the overhang of the building we check in at; I was approaching from the parking lot on the makai side on the lower floor. I passed another detention system made to blend in with the landscaping. 

It looks like you could also use it for outdoor seating around the tree.

I made another carrot greens proothie this morning. I think I have enough for a couple more proothies.


At today's vax POD there were 16 of us to do the data entry; last week we had a dozen people each day & were getting out between 5 and 5:30. Apparently Marjorie has been told there will be no more than 12 vaccinators but that has not been the case; it's more like 12 vaccination stations. Last week Gina & Alicia estimated we did about 1000 forms each day; there is no easy way in VAMS to get that number now that we are doing 2nd doses. Today we counted the forms as they came in the door to keep track of how many vaccinations were done; we processed 985 forms. It started out really slow; I think the rain kept some people away. But as it dried out there were more forms but didn't seem like as many as last week. Personally, I did 44 complete forms and 14 with demographics only. We alphabetized all the forms and still got out about 4 pm. Yay!

In the morning when we were all waiting for forms, I got on Duolingo. I need to keep up with my 'Ōlelo Hawaiʻi practice; Sarah has downloaded it for Kaia to use. Kaia had asked if people in Hawaiʻi spoke French; a couple kids in her play group speak French. 

He lā ua kēia lā.

For lunch we had Thai food; I almost had a vegetarian Thai meal. Someone sort of put a V next to my name, but it could have been for the name below me. I declined the meal so the real vegetarian could have the meal they wanted. But later I was wondering if perhaps The Universe was trying to tell me I should also do the vegetarian meal in keeping with my goal of increasing the amount of plant-based food in my diet? I think I will try the vegetarian meal tomorrow. 

Chicken curry with pad Thai & spring rolls.
The rain cloud is now over the Waianae Mountains.

By the end of the day it seemed to have rained itself out. It was cloudy but dry.


On the way home I stopped at Foodland to pick up some soymilk; because of the vax PODs I knew I was not going to have enough time make soymilk after work. I also picked up coconut water, which I use to fill up my proothie. I also grabbed a piece of prepared salmon at the deli; I got the Salmon with Sweet Chili Glaze. I had it along with a green salad with bacon  bits &  balsamic dressing for dinner. 


After dinner there was a bunch of noise in the cat run; Keala had run outside. I think she tried to sit on one of the shelves at the west end but Luna was already there. She then scrambled to the top of the gate at the east end.

Keala at the east end.

Watching birds on neighborʻs roof.
Luna at the west end.

I got an email from Marjorie later in the evening for the Friday vax POD; there are 16 of us signed up for that one also.


The Tesla app showed less cloudiness before lunch and a lot more after lunch. Later in the evening I happened to glance at the Aix weather app; it looks like it is going to be really wet tomorrow!

Yikes!

Today I discovered that some of the Kīlauea caldera web cams also have an option to go to a separate page where you can see a compilation one shot from each hour over the previous 24 hours; it sort of looks like a video of what has happened over the last 24 hours. Go to the main Summit Webcams page; then click on the view that you are interested in & scroll down to find the 24-hour view. Click on this link to the webcam on the west rim, looking down in to the crater.

This one does not have a 24-hour compilation.
But this one does!

There was a Magnitude 6.8 earthquake south of Rapa Nui this evening. It was about 6 miles deep & did not generate a tsunami.


There were 64 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 26,007. There were no new deaths reported today, keeping the death toll to 410;l currently 1384 cases are considered active. The 7-day average of new cases on Oʻahu is 63 with a positivity rate of 2.5%. As of January 24th , 106,654 people have had at least one dose of vaccine.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Mrs. Toyama, Jennifer, & Sean!

No comments:

Post a Comment