Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Got My Certificate!

An interesting-looking envelope arrived in the mail today for me. When I opened it I found the Certificate of Completion for the contact tracing training that I completed last summer! Robert had asked me a couple of weeks ago if I had received it yet; he had not. I sent him an email to let him know I got mine; he replied saying he had also gotten his today.


I decided to bite the bullet & weighed myself this morning. I was 124.4 lbs, 3 pounds heavier than the last time I weighed myself back in mid-November at the end of the Unicorn Challenge. Over the 6-weeks of the Unicorn Challenge my weight stayed stable, I did not lose anything; on the other hand, I didn't gain anything either. I'm trying to get back down to where I was at the beginning of the contact tracing training, which was 113.6 lbs; about 10.8 lbs ago. 


I think it was the combination of not doing my daily walking plus the stress of being in class for 6-weeks that started me on this weight gain. Then doing the contact tracing and volunteering at the vax PODs has limited my walking. I'll have to get back at doing it as regularly as possible or I'll end up being as heavy as I was when I was pregnant! I'm only about 15 pounds away from that.

Originally, when I woke up this morning I was feeling fine. But after drinking most of my plain proothie, i.e., no added veggies, I wasn't feeling so well. It felt like another bout of viral diarrhea coming on; that would be twice in about 3 months. Which is kind of a lot for me; prior to the previous event, it was at least 20 years since my prior experience with it. Some people do have diarrhea as one of their symptoms of  fibromyalgia, though I have never had that as a symptom. I will have to pay more attention and see if it becomes more frequent when I am under more stress, physical or mental.

The treatment for diarrhea is to fast, unless you have bloody stools or severe abdominal pain; then you go to the emergency room. But I had neither of those, so fasting was the treatment of choice. Which meant I would have been running around all day at the vax POD without eating; not a good idea with how much running I normally do for the PODs. But at least if the diarrhea continued the bathroom was close by! I decided to pass; I ended up calling in sick and not going to the vaccine POD today.

In the afternoon I helped Kai order his med refills; there is an option on the pharmacy website to have it delivered. But it is quite convoluted. Unfortunately it is not easy like Mom's was where I could call in and place orders over an automated line. For Kai, there is a 3rd party vendor involved so they text a specific key to your phone so that you can access the website to place your order for the delivery & pay for it. Since the key was going to his phone I let him do it, but he sent me the error message it gave him that said they did not deliver in his area. He was very pissy when I called him; an effect of not being on his medication. I easily got it straightened out; when he doesn't have his meds he does not think clearly. He did not notice that they had his old address listed. When I entered his current address it worked fine. His meds arrived on time this evening.


I got an email from Marjorie later in the afternoon; tomorrow's vax POD at LCC has been cancelled; the vaccine shipment that was to arrive today has been delayed by the winter storms that have been dumping lots of snow in places it usually doesn't and even more snow in places where it usually does. Later, on the evening news, they said clinics were affected and specifically mentioned that our POD was closed.


Still later in the evening I got another email from Marjorie; they were scheduling the closed POD for the UH. These would be for 2nd doses which are prioritized, they are likely using vaccine that was allocated for the UH earlier when the 1st doses were given. 


Although I didn't eat lunch or dinner today, I did drink my collagen drink in the evening. But I didn't add the extra okara protein that I usually do. When you are on a clear liquids diet to starve out the viruses causing viral diarrhea you can drink other liquids besides water; but you have to be able to see through them. So I am pushing it a little, or maybe a lot, since I can't see through it at all. But it is liquid ...

The Aix weather app forecast rain throughout the day beginning in the morning & increasing through the afternoon & evening. The Aix app indicated the same thing would be happening in Kapaʻau. The Tesla app showed it was pretty sunny until about noon, then was probably cloudy.


Here are the screenshots from a couple of the webcams at Kīlauea caldera. For the most part, I think the shots after dark are more interesting than the daylight shots so I will provide those. But if I see something interesting during the day, Iʻll share that with you, too.


The Mauna Kea webcams aren't providing me with much of a view of the Kohala area; I think they are too far away. They don't even give me much information about the weather; the view is frequently obscured by clouds right around the mountain. I think I will just provide them if there is something interesting. In the meanwhile, I will see if I can find a better webcam.


There were 17 new COVID-19 cases reported today, bringing the total known cases to 26,906. Don't start celebrating though, apparently there was a glitch in the automatic reporting system so numbers are lower than what was actually being found; they say they will correct the problem over the next few days. There were no new deaths reported, so the fatalities remain at 426; currently there are 850 cases considered active. The 7-day average new case rate for for Oʻahu is 37 with a 1.2%positivity rate.


Hau'oli lā Hānau e Liz!

No comments:

Post a Comment