Monday, February 1, 2021

Family Reunion Photos

I spent much of the day reprinting the Family Reunions Photo Album that Aunty Judy had compiled in 2001; she had called me about 3 weeks ago asking to borrow Mom's copy after the pandemic is over so she could make a copy for herself. She had forgotten to make one in 2001 when she was making it for her siblings and could no longer find the digital copy.

Looks like we are overdue for a reunion! (Photo by Aunty Judy)

Fortunately, I had both the hard copy as well as a copy of the digital file she had made; which was a compilation of jpg files. I printed out the jpg files this morning. When I was comparing the copies I printed against the hard copy to make sure I printed all the pages, I discovered there were a couple of pages that were different; they included more photos or larger photos. I decided to work on putting all the jpg files together with the "bonus" pages as a pdf file and give her a copy of both. My original deadline was to have it done by this evening so I could give it to her tomorrow when I am on my way home from the vax POD. But I still needed to work on it more plus I also found out I will be working both Wednesday & Thursday so I also have a little more time; I want to deliver it after a vax POD. She lives about 10 minutes away from LCC.

The hard copy is missing the 2 small photos in the upper right. (Compilation by Aunty Judy)

I am also going to include this chart about the relationship between cousins; it seems to be called a "cousin chart" or "Table of Consanguinity". I like the 1st one because it has a "you are here" starting point. This article explains about the "once removed" thing and more. I found one with the different generations color-coded, but it did not extend out as far as this one; I plan on using them together to help me figure out the family relationships.


I was awakened this morning by an IM from Kai; he said his COVID-19 test was negative! Yay! 


I made a carrot greens proothie later in the morning when I was really awake. Carrot greens are one of my favorite greens for proothies because of the flavor they add; my other favorite is fennel greens.

Yes, it does look like thereʻs too much. Not.

A box arrived for me this morning; it was from Donnie from Lift Every Voice Legacy. He had said a box would be arriving this week.

Good protective packing.
Information about the event.

Newspaper article about the event.
The contents; there was also a check. First time I have gotten a check as part of an award!

About lunch time I heard a noise out in the cat run; Keala had scrambled up to the top of the 2"x4" over the gate for the cat run. She was trying to get closer to the ʻEhakō on the neighborʻs roof. 

Hereʻs the b ird she was watching.

Just after lunch I got an email from Marjorie; I will also be helping with the vax POD on Thursday.


I spent some time after lunch repacking the box from Donnie. I also repacked another box; these are both being prepared for shipping to Hawaiʻi Island later in the year. I originally marked them with a K for Kaimukī but realized that could be confused with Kohala or Kapaʻau; so I changed it to H for Honolulu so I would know where the contents of the boxes came from.

I started repacking boxes.
And labeled them so I could track their contents in the Moving App.

The new number.

Just before dinner it started to rain; when I looked out to take a photo of the rain, I found Keala again out on the 2"x4" over the gate for the cat run. She didn't stay there for long as the strength of the rain increased.

Keala as it begins to rain at 5:27 pm.
She decides to come inside ...

... as it begins to rain harder.
Rain! Bleah!

The Aix weather app showed no appreciable rain here for the entire day; but as seen above, it was not quite accurate. It continued to rain after Keala came inside. 

It continues to rain at 5:44 pm.
Even more rain at 5:56 pm.

As you can see, in the early morning most of the excess electricity generated by the solar PV in Kapaʻau goes to recharging the Tesla battery. The graph of the energy produced throughout the day does not seem to reflect the Aix forecast of a steady rain throughout the day; the graph seems to look more like it was relatively low cloud cover before lunch, then scattered clouds and/or rain in the afternoon.


Kīlauea is still showing a lot of lava activity.


About 2 this afternoon there was an earthquake downslope of Kīlauea caldera; but it did not show up on the earthquake website. It did, however, show up on the USGS Hawaiian Volcano Observatory earthquake website. The Magnitude 4.1 earthquake was about 4 miles deep; it did not generate a tsunami.

Nada.

There were 90 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 25, 043. There were no new deaths today so the death toll remains at 410; currently 1382 cases are considered active. The 7-day new case average for Oʻahu is 66 with a 2.5% positivity rate.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Mr. Ikuma (102!) & Allison!

No comments:

Post a Comment