Monday, February 8, 2021

Whatʻs Wrong With the A/C?

I was wondering why, for the past few days during this "cold" snap, I would notice the A/C vent was sometimes closed during a period where it would normally be open; I have it set to keep my room at the recommended temperature we use when transporting injured wildlife, 72 degrees F. In an "Aha!" moment this morning, I realized that if the room temperature is less than 72 F, the A/C doesn't need to come on & cool the room. Duh! The corollary would be that when it does come on at 5 am, it means the room is warmer than 72 degrees F at that time! Auē!

Still closed at 7:22 am. Brrrr!
It finally opened up around 10 am.

I think the cooler ambient temperatures we are experiencing are triggering a mild fibromyalgia attack. I am feeling more lethargic & having sleep issues; I am also having trouble keeping warm. I'm sure those of you in the Northeast, dealing with a couple feet of snow, would love to have the same weather we are having here, so I shouldn't be complaining. For my body, though, it's relative. The warmer temperatures here have lulled me in to complacency; if I were somewhere with much colder temperatures I would be wearing my heated vest whenever I'm not bundled up in bed! The low to mid-60 degree F temperatures we are having seem to be enough of a difference to trigger a response.

Last night I got an email from the Memorial Programs Service; it said the new marker for Mom & Dad's niche had been installed. The email contained some interesting typos, but I'm sure it's legit; they weren't trying to have me pay any money to have it installed. I will have to make a trip there to see it.

 

I got an email this morning from my friend Julie from work! She & her husband are in Kona. After talking with her, we settled on getting together on Saturday. I'll be flying in to Kona in the morning, meeting up with them, giving them a tour of the north end, then leaving later in the afternoon. I will also have a chance to check on the house & yard while there.


For lunch I had a salad with bacon bits and the steamed chard, also with bacon bits. I should change my protein source for my salads to canned tuna or salmon. I'll do that after I have finished the bag of bacon bits that I have.


During lunch I watched a couple of Ask a Mortician episodes. I found the video Demonic Babies: A Guide for New Parents quite humorous & interesting.


This afternoon I got locked out of the earlier lessons on Duolingo; I was only able to access the 2 most current lessons, Habits & Determiners 2. I hope this is only a temporary thing, I don't want to lose the ability to go back & practice using the words I learned previously, which I think Duolingo said was almost 300 words!


The Aix weather app forecast it to be a little cloudy in the morning, then raining after dark; it seemed to be accurate. Aix said it would b e similar in Kapaʻau, but the rain would start later. The Tesla app seemed to confirm there was some cloud cover though it looked like there was more during the morning.


There's a new video update of the eruption at Kīlauea caldera.


Because Julie is coming, & the weather forecast is talking about a front moving in, I checked the Mauna Kea webcams this morning to see whether I could see anything helpful. I think the webcams are too far away to be of much use letting me know what the weather might be like. But they're kinda cool.

I wish they would straighten this NASA IRFT camera.
I like the orientation of the CFHT camera.

There were only 33 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total of known cases up to 26,500 cases. While the state did not give an explanation why the number was so much lower than the what has been the norm, these numbers would be from Saturday which usually has a slightly lower amount of tests than during the week. There were no new deaths reported so the death toll remains at 418; currently 1165 cases are considered active. The 7-day new case average on Oʻahu is 54 with a 2.2% positivity rate.  


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e David!

No comments:

Post a Comment