Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Oh, Oh, Vax POD on Wednesday

About 10:15 this morning I got an email from Marjorie while I was working on the Family Reunions Photo Album; it was a reminder that I was working the vax POD tomorrow! I had not gotten an earlier email so I had scheduled my COVID-19 test for tomorrow; the only available appointments were in the afternoon, when things start to get more hectic with Data Entry! I called Kaiser to see if I could be squeezed in earlier but that wasn't going to work. So I changed it to Thursday morning at 9:15; so if I was working I would only be a little late getting to the POD.


While I was on the phone with Kaiser, an email came in saying I was working on Thursday; good thing I took that early appointment! My phone also buzzed while I was talking with Kaiser. When I checked it after I got off the phone I found a message from Marjorie; she wanted to know if I could come in today and do data entry. I said yes but I would be there about 11:30. I got there at 11:15 and found my name was pre-printed on the roster. It turned out Marjorie was having problems with her emails not getting sent out properly, half the Data Entry crew did not show up this morning so she started texting us. Then she resent all the emails for the rest of this week! Auē! We ended up doing 1103 entries today; even with the late start we got out about 4:30 pm. Most who showed up have done data entry before, including a handful of us who have worked for several days already so we knew exactly what to do.

I could have gotten to the volunteer registration desk about 10 minutes earlier. But as I was on my way in I got stuck behind a mobile home that was being transported near the college. If I had been a minute earlier I would have been able to get on the road to the college before the mobile home.

The blue car on the left is where I'm headed.

Lunch today was one of those vegetarian meals made by people who do not know about making a well balanced vegetarian dish. It was an Oriental Salad from a place called Sugoi; I had been wondering if asking for a vegetarian meal would end up being only salads. This is the only one I have had so far but I have not been requesting the vegetarian meal every day I have been working.

Yes, there is no animal product in this meal, but where's the protein?

I sat at a different table today; since I came in late I also ate lunch later & my usual table was occupied. I went to a table on the other side of the building where I could still see the loʻi. And also the ships at West Loch.


Later in the afternoon I got another email from Marjorie; it was for doing Data Entry on Friday.


On the way home I stopped at Office Depot to pick up more sheet protectors. I also got another binder so I could make a photo album for Sarah & Kaia. While I was checking out I saw an interesting sign by the gift cards; it was about scammers and gift cards.

 

The Aix weather app forecast it to be partly cloudy today after rain in the morning; that didn't happen. There was no rain in the morning. The Aix app also forecast a bunch of rain in Kapa'au; the graph on the Tesla app confirmed it. Later in the evening I noticed that the Aix app forecast freezing temperatures Everett; I guess they are also being affected by the polar vortex that is dumping lots of snow on the East Coast.

 

There is a updated video out about the eruption at Kīlauea caldera; I need to pay more attention to see if the USGS updates it on a regular basis or if it is random.


There were 37 new COVID-19 cases reported today, bringing the number of known cases up to 26,531; these numbers are from Sunday which is also tends to be lower than the rest of the week. There were no new deaths reported so the death toll remains at 418; currently there are 1127 cases considered active. The 7-day new case average on Oʻahu is 52 with a positivity rate of 2.1%.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Sara & Matheo! A me ka Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanaʻo e Bruddah Ace & CarriAnn! A me ka Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanaʻo Makahiki ʻEwalu e Jeff & Janon!

No comments:

Post a Comment