Wednesday, February 17, 2021

No POD Today

The vaccine POD at LCC for today was cancelled; the vaccine did not arrive yesterday due to the winter storm that has dumped lots of snow on most of the continental US. Apparently shipments can't leave the production facility; only about 20% of the vaccine doses that were ordered for this week have arrived. Apparently only 500 doses of the Moderna vaccine were received; this is the vaccine used for the LCC PODs, hence the cancellation of 3 out of the 4 PODs. So far the UH POD appears to still be on track for Saturday.


So what did I do today? Well I started out the day reading other peopleʻs blogs and watching videos. I found a cool blog by one of my high school friends, Jalna. She posts photos and recipes as well as her artwork. I really liked her video of an artichoke drawing that she did. She is inspiring me to get back to doing artwork again!


I also updated my calendar, Marjorie sent an email cancelling tomorrow's POD. The vaccine for this POD is being delayed by the weather.


I also dropped off the HWC carriers at Feather & Fur. There was a bunch of construction going on next door; looks like they are replacing the roof. I also found out Feather & Fur is moving to the other end of the shopping center they are in; the move is scheduled for some time in July or so.

The carriers just barely fit.


There was also a bunch of construction on the Pali Highway to Feather & Fur as well as on my return trip. 

On the Kailua-bond lanes.
On the Honolulu-bound lanes.
This is the work beyond the sign.

I stopped at Kalapawai Cafe & Market a couple miles away to give them some business & get some lunch. I got the Blackened Fresh Catch "Po'boy". I don't think they need my help; they had a lot of people there including lots of tourists. I think I will try to give Juicy Brew more business when I am running errands around lunch time; I very rarely see people there. 

The parking lot was full, I parked across the street.

 

Then in the evening I got another email from Marjorie, you guessed it! The Friday POD has now been cancelled. 

 

Today Duolingo changed up the lessons! Well, some of them. There were fill-in-the-blank options today. I have worked my way up to Lesson #19 Habits; there are a total of 38 different lessons in Level 1, each with 5 sections.


I forgot to get a screen shot of the Aix weather app this morning so I don't know if it forecast it to be overcast for most of the day like it was. I did remember to get the Tesla screenshot in the evening, which looked like it was very cloudy and/or rainy in Kapaʻau.

Lots of clouds coming over the Koolaus.


Here is a new video update about the Kīlauea caldera eruption.


Today the LG gave his weekly update. He said only 10,000 doses have come in so far this week of the 47,000 doses that were supposed to have arrived this week. I wonder if these will be prioritized for 2nd doses? Those who have gotten the Pfizer vaccine are eligible for the 2nd dose 3 weeks after the 1st dose; for Moderna it is 4 weeks. They are now letting people know that for those who have gotten either vaccine, they have up to 6 weeks from the date they got the 1st dose in order to get the 2nd dose so they don't need to worry too much about the delay.


There were 29 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases to 26,935; the new case number is still artificially low due to problems with automated reporting from the testing labs that is still being sorted out. There was 1 new death reported, bringing the fatality rate to 427; currently 810 cases are considered active. The 7-day new case average for Oʻahu is 33 with a 1.2% positivity rate. If they 7-day new case average continues to remain below 50 for the next week, Oʻahu will be eligible to move to Tier 3.

The green should really be yellow to match Tier 3 color code.

Not sure why the switched these graphics.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Marc, Dixie, & Jeff! A me ka Hauʻoli lā Hoʻimanaʻo Makahiki ʻumikumamāhā e Susan & Lane. A me ka Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanaʻo Makahiki ʻekolu e Joy & Sam!

No comments:

Post a Comment