Friday, February 5, 2021

Our Best Day Yet!

Today the LCC vax POD did 1147 vaccinations! I should say, at least 1147; there were a couple others that were not entered by the Data Entry team, so I think it was probably 1150 because they did not come around at the end of the day looking for people who wanted to get a shot so they wouldn't waste any doses. I had one of those that did not get entered; it was given to me but before I was able to enter it, they came to pick it up. The recipient was having an "adverse reaction" so the form was taken from us to be included with the "adverse reaction" report. This is a good POD to have an "adverse reaction" at, it is mainly for first responders and there are a lot of ambulances around.

The line up begins.

The weather today was also sunny. But it was cold, too. Last night it got down to the low 60's. The usually cool air in the car felt really warm this morning.

The temperature this morning when I left the house.

Clear skies over the mountains.

Looking at the Waianae Mountains.


Just before lunch Kai IMed me; he got the 1st dose of his COVID-19 vaccination today. The tribe his dad works for is vaccinating family members of staff members to limit transmission through indirect contacts.

 

Lunch today was from Highway Inn. I had the Tofu Katsu; I really enjoyed it. It was like a chicken katsu or tonkatsu with a panko breading and katsu sauce.



I watched a bunch of Cattle Egrets during lunch. At first the started out all perched on the wall; they slowly moved down to the lawn to start hunting for prey injured by the lawn mowers that were working in the morning.

 

I steamed the chard this evening as part of my dinner. I ate it cold with a little garlic ponzu: next time I need to remove the midrib. I also sauteed a smoked chicken apple sausage. 


Even though we did the highest number of forms for any of the PODs the City & County has sponsored we have refined our process so well that we got out at 4:30! As I was leaving the POD after signing out, I spotted a patch of snow! It was actually all the ice from the coolers they had around the POD holding water & sports drinks for the volunteers. But it really did look like a patch of Pacific Northwest snow left over in the shade.


The Aix weather app showed no accumulation of precipitation here, though it did so some cloudiness. I guess it was right. In Kapa'au it showed precipitation as well as thunderstorms. The Tesla showed that there was a lot of interference with insolation throughout most of the day.


Based on the webcam shots of the Kīlauea caldera it looks like the lava flow may have slowed down a little. The thermal image shows a slightly smaller lava lake than on previous days.


There were 101 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total to 26,286 known cases. There were no new deaths reported so the death toll remains at 416; currently 1342 cases are considered active. The 7-day average of new cases on Oʻahu is 60 with a positivity rate of 2.4%. 


Hau ʻoli lā Hānau e Dottie, Vel, Rich, & Willie!

No comments:

Post a Comment