Sunday, January 31, 2021

Another Lazy Day

Today is a Fast Day, as in no food. I think the fever & chills earlier in the week took a lot more energy out of me than I thought it did; I slept most of the day. Though I did get out of bed in the morning when the rain woke me up.

Rain at 8:52 am.

According to the Aix weather app it had forecast rain for that time of day. I took a screenshot later in the day as well since I noticed that the forecast had changed; which I know they do but I had never paid any attention to. It now no longer showed rain in the forecast until early the next morning.

At 6:44 am.

About 4 hours later.

Here is more information about the Tesla system. In the morning, when the photovoltaic panels are generating electricity, any excess energy goes to recharging the battery. Once the battery is charged, excess energy goes back to the grid & is available for use by others. For each billing period the amount sent back to the grid offsets any energy I have used from the grid, which is generally 0 kWh. At the end of the year everything goes back to 0; I have been supplying a lot of energy to the island! On the plus side, if I want to run everything with electricity plus totally air-condition the house, I should be able to easily do it! It will be interesting to see how much energy the Crosstrek will draw when I finally move there permanently. FYI On a sunny day the PV generates about 23.0 kWh.

Excess production charges the battery in the morning.

The dots on the line indicate flow direction.
Graphic representation of where power is going.

Specific data on power generation & usage.
It generates way more than I need.

Amount of time when the grid was down.
Today was a lot sunnier then Aix forecast.

Kai finally got a hold of his PCP. The doctor he spoke with said it was not meningitis; she had Kai do several things to see if increased pressure would make his headache worse, it didn't. He had a walk-in appointment for a drive-through COVID-19 test clinic; they told him he will get results back in 2 to 3 days. In the meanwhile, he is continuing to isolate himself from his roommates; so far no one else has had symptoms.

Just after lunch I got an email from Marjorie; I will be helping with the POD next Wednesday.

 

For dinner tonight I roasted some root vegetables. I chopped up the hakurei, carrots, and radishes from the CSA box, sprinkled them with olive oil, an herb & garlic mix, a little salt, & some fresh rosemary from the bush in the front yard. I also heated up some shoyu pork that The Potential Most Favorite Roommate made for dinner last night and had a salad with bacon bits.

The roasted vegetables.
I threw some roasted vegetables in the bowl with the shoyu pork.

I took 2 screenshots of the Kīlauea caldera thermal image, one in the morning, one in the evening. It looks like there was a little more activity in the evening based on a slightly larger area of heat seen in the image. I also found a helpful graphic that provides a lot of information.

There seemed to be more activity throughout the day.

This is a helpful graphic.

There were 82 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 25,853. There were 3 new deaths now making the death toll 410; currently there are 1412 cases considered active. The 7-day new case average on Oʻahu is 70 with a positivity rate of 2.6%.

No comments:

Post a Comment