Monday, October 18, 2021

Baking Day

It was baking day today; I made a bunch of keto friendly cookies & cupcakes. I was originally only going to make a batch of Double Chocolate Cookies, but the packaging is very similar & I opened the Double Chocolate Muffins by mistake; fortunately I had all the additional ingredients on hand. So I made them both. 

This is the side I was looking at when I cut it open.
But even on this side they look really similar.

The serving size on the muffins is 2 muffins which have a total of 270 calories, 23 g carbs, 6 g protein, & 25 g fat per serving. I was only planning on eating 1 muffin each time which would cut the amounts in half. But I ultimately decided to only eat half a cupcake at a sitting which would result in 67.5 calories, 5.75 g carbs, 1.5 g protein, & 6.25 g fat. Compared to 1 cookie which has 50 calories, 9 g carbs, 2 g protein, & 4 g fat. FYI I keep them in the freezer so there is no pressing need to eat them quickly; I eat them 1 cookie at a time, or now, half a muffin at a time.

The muffins in progress.
Done!
Before.
After.
 

This morning the Neighborhood Security Watch team walked up to the edge of Leahi Hospital. We did about 1&1/2 miles. On the way back we met Russell & his dog; their lot backs up to the back of Dwayne's lot. Tomorrow Ron goes to Lanaʻi for a few days of hunting; they will be hunting the invasive axis deer as well as introduced mouflon. I hope he & his hunting buddies all get their limits! 

The pink square is Leahi Hospital.
I'm not sure why there is no lowest elevation.

I did not make a proothie this morning. I am trying a different eating strategy. On the days that I walk with the Neighborhood Security Watch guys I will skip the proothie & burn stored fat during the walk. When I return I will only drink water; my 1st meal will be a light lunch, preferably plant-based. But not today. I am working off of leftovers from Saturday's birthday celebration. 

Clockwise from top: Kalamata olives, curried cauliflower, & Korean style chicken.

Morgan from Smart Trees Pacific sent out an email this morning about tree mapping groups that are currently in progress. After we assist with 3 sessions, we obtain our Citizen Forester certificate. There is one on Wednesday morning that I think I will try to attend; then I can have an outdoor exercise type activity twice a week! I think I will do the same thing with the eating strategy & skip the proothie & burn stored fat until lunch time. Now I need to find a Friday activity. Or maybe I should just go with the Saturday morning tree mapping?


Marjorie sent out an email saying she would send specifics for tomorrow's PHN vaccine outreach & education. But  didn't hear anything by the end of the day. I'm sure there will be something tomorrow morning.

For dinner tonight I had more leftovers from Lori's birthday celebration. I added some curried cauliflower from Kokua.

Clockwise from left: BBQ ribs, salad, & curried cauliflower.

After dinner I texted Paris; I am running out of Tajin. We'll be getting together on Saturday to make another trip to the mercado where we bought it before. 


When I went to check up on Luna this morning she was waiting by the bedroom door for me. But I foiled her escape plan! I found out later from The Roommates that she had started out the morning with the cone collar on. They said she seems to be getting faster at getting it off.


I did not know that there was a philharmonic ensemble in the Waimea area! I knew they had a theater group; I will have to check these things out once I move.


Apparently this is Day 20 of this current eruption of Kīlauea.

From the west rim at 10:41 a.m.
From the east rim at 5:50 p.m.
At 10:41 a.m.
At 5:50 p.m.

The Aix weather app forecast partly cloudy skies for Honolulu; the was accurate. For Kapa'au, Aix forecast drizzles throughout the day; Big Island Now forecast scattered showers with a 50% chance of rain. The Honomú weather station did not have any measurable precipitation today. For Marysville, Aix forecast partly cloudy skies which appeared to be accurate.

Kaimukī looking westerly at 10:34 a.m.
Honomū looking northerly at 10:34 a.m.
Marysville looking northerly at 10:35 a.m. HST.
Kaimukī looking westerly at 5:50 p.m.
Honomū looking northerly at 5:50 p.m.
Marysville looking northerly at 5:51 p.m. HST.

Dwayne's wife lost a surfboard in the fire yesterday; he said it was about a $2000 board & that amount did not include the board bag, leash, & lock. Tonight's news said the insurance adjuster said the losses total $650,000 with about $300,000 worth of surfboards; it is estimated there were 570 boards that were destroyed. North facing shores appeared to have the best swells today. I have not yet been able to find a good live cam for the east facing shores.

Laniakea (N) at 10:36 a.m.
Still no replacement for this one.
Waikīkī (S) at 10:38 a.m.
Banyans (W) at 10:40 a.m.
Laniakea (N) at 5:59 p.m.
Waikīkī (S) at 5:56 p.m.
Banyans (W) at 5:56 p.m.

There were 117 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, raising the total known cases to82,511. There were also 4 new deaths reported, increasing the death toll to 876; currently 1991 cases are considered active. As of today, 2,111,006 doses of vaccine have been administered providing 70.2% of the state population with full vaccination and 78.5% with at least one dose. There are 88 people currently hospitalized for COVID-19, according to the LG 81% of them are unvaccinated. The 7-day new case average on Oʻahu is 67 with a positivity rate of 1.6%. 


No comments:

Post a Comment