Sunday, October 10, 2021

Janice's 2022 Visit

I lost almost all the photos for this post when the laptop stopped cooperating with me. It's a good thing it was a pretty slow day! 

The highlight of my day was a phone call from my friend Janice; she's coming to visit in January 2022! Hulõ! We ended up talking for nearly 2 hours! So we touched on a lot of things, too numerous to recount here. But the bottom line is, she might also be going to visit with friends who will be on Kauaʻi while she is here. The plan is to get her a ticket with my Hawaiian Airmiles; if it turns out she can't go to Kauaʻi the miles will be returned to my account & the few dollars that it will cost me will be returned to my Hawaiian Airmiles credit card.


Since it was a Fast Day there were no photos of proothies. Or lunch. And since there was a low inventory of test kits for the Aloha Stadium drive-through, testing for today was cancelled. I mainly did paperwork, which I never take photos of. And since The Roommates are home there was no need to check in on Luna or take photos of her. A slow day indeed.

For dinner I rolled shredded vegan mozzarella in turkey slices, then heated them up. It was like a quesadilla made with turkey slices.

The Aix weather app forecast rain all day in Honolulu with it being heavier before mid-afternoon; it only drizzled a little in the morning. For Kapaʻau, Aix forecast really heavy rain all day & through the night; since the laptop was down & I had not yet figured out I could still use the desktop, I have no screenshots on what was happening. The same holds true for Marysville, where Aix forecast partly sunny skies until noon then rain through the rest of the day & night.
Drizzle in Kaimukī looking easterly at 8:15 a.m.

 
There were 2 earthquakes in the Pacific area; neither of them generated a tsunami. The 1st was magnitude 6.8 & 25 miles under the Alaskan Peninsula at 11:11 a.m. The 2nd was magnitude 6.1 & 11 miles deep off the coast of Kaʻu; it is not associated with the eruption at Kīlauea.


There were 218 new cases of COVID-19 reported today raising the the total known cases to 81,501. There were also 4 new deaths reported, increasing the death toll to 841; currently there are 3155 cases considered active. There are now 143 patients that are hospitalized with 45 in the ICU and 33 on ventilators. The 7-day new case average for Oʻahu is 110 with a posititivy rate of 2.8%.

Hau'oli lā Hānau e Sufayatu! A me ka Hau'oli lā Hānau e Smores who is 3 years old!

No comments:

Post a Comment