Thursday, October 14, 2021

Laptop Getting Better

This post was started & completed on the laptop, which is taking me some getting used to. Last night I discovered that my most current back-up was from August 30, 2021; which means I have lost all the photos for September & the early part of October. I know I backed up less than 10 days ago, otherwise I get a message daily reminding me how many days it was since my last back up & I wasn't getting those. Perhaps the lack of memory on the laptop prevented the back-up process from occurring properly. Right now I have 34.8 GB of usable memory. On the plus side, there were only 3 September posts that I had started but had not added all the photos to; there were 5 from October before the laptop went down. I'll be working on those over the next week or so. Fortunately, I had already added all the photos to the 10/02 post Uber for Wildlife; all I needed to do was add the captions & publish it: Done! I am also getting used to the new operating system; I am now using macOS Big Sur; I do not remember what the previous version was.


I made another beet proothie this morning. I'm not sure why, but drinking it this morning was going really slowly. 


I still had not finished my proothie by the time I went to get my flu shot at mid-morning. I wanted to get it before they took their lunch break at noon. I got there at about 11:30 a.m.; I thought that was plenty of time to get my shot, then get to where I ordered lunch by 12. All the rest of the times I went to the walk in clinic for my flu shot it took like about 5 minutes total. Not today. There was a line with 3 people in front of me; the man immediately in front of me was either suffering from old white man privilege or mild cognitive decline. He tried to walk right in instead of waiting where the sign said to wait; the nurse had to shoo him back out & told him she would hand him the clipboard when they were ready for him. The line clearly said it was for walk-up flu shots & walk-up COVID shots; he told both the security guard who was screening people & the nurse handing out paperwork that he was here for the flu shot. Then after he turned in his completed paperwork (it took him a while) & was called to get his flu shot, he said he was there for his COVID booster not the flu shot. He had to start the new paperwork for the COVID booster all over again, delaying the line. When I finally got my flu shot from RN Kayla I had 5 minutes left to pick up my lunch on time.

Following the signs to the flu clinic line.

I was 10 minutes late getting to Vegan City to pick up my lunch. I decided to try their Vegan Loco Moco with avocado on top instead of the egg replacer they use. When I got home I found that my Loco Moco had neither; it was still good. But I'm sure it would have been better if they had remembered the avocado! I'll try it again & check for the avocado while I am still there.

What I ordered.
Directions to the parking lot.
Waiting in the parking lot.
What I got; where are my avocados?

Luna is doing good; I checked on her after lunch. Her belly is still an even temperature; the swelling is slightly down. Keala was sleeping on the cat tree; it was drizzling on & off.

Keala.
Luna.

For dinner I tried to finish off the rest of my proothie; I still have about 1/3 of it right now. I'm not sure why this one is taking so long; it tastes like the others. I also used the vegan smoked provolone & vegan bacon.


I took a little bit but I finally found the email app I used to have installed on my laptop; I like it better than any others I have used. All email apps start with emails sorted by date with the most current one at the top of the list; the app I am using allows me to sort by a variety of ways, like name or subject or flag color. I found it to be easier if I was searching for emails like from Marjorie; I could get any email Marjorie ever sent me that I had not deleted.

Kīlauea is still erupting; there is a new video below by the USGS discussing its current status. The HVO says there have been no major changes over the last week.


The Aix weather app forecast rain in Honolulu through mid-afternoon, then drizzle until the evening. We had drizzles on & off all morning before we turned to partly cloudy skies through the rest of the day; the drizzles began again after dark. For Kapaʻau, Aix forecast rain all day; Big Island Now forecast scattered shower with a 50% chance of rain during the day, increasing to 70% at night. The Honomū weather station recorded 0.01 inches of precipitation by 9:11 a.m. & had accumulated 0.20 inches by 9:15 p.m. For Marysville, Aix also forecast rain throughout the day. The I-5 traffic cam showed a very slightly damp roadway in the morning.

Kaimukī looking westerly at 9:10 a.m.
Honomū looking northerly at 9:10 a.m.
Marysville looking northerly at 9:11 a.m. HST.
Kaimukī looking easterly at 10:30 a.m.
Nā Koʻolau at 11:24 a.m.

The north facing shores seemed to have the best surf today. But there was still enough of a swell to allow a canoeload of tourists to surf the south swell in Waikīkī.

Laniakea (N) at 9:12 a.m.
I'm not sure why the Pacific Tsunami Museum's camera goes out so frequently.
Waikīkī (S) at 9:13 a.m.
Banyans (W) at 9:14 a.m.

There was a magnitude 6.6 earthquake in the Solomon Islands this evening. It did not generate a tsunami.


There were 164 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 81,954. There were also 6 new deaths raising the death toll to 857; currently there are 2543 cases considered active. As of yesterday there were 2,093118 doses of vaccine administered, providing 69.9% of the population with full vaccination and 78.1% with at least one dose. Currently there are 106 patients that have been hospitalized with 36 in the ICU and 27 on ventilators. The 7-day new case average for Oʻahu is 85 with a positivity rate of 2.6%. 


The Department of Health has rearranged their website slightly. I now have to click on individual pages to get to the data; its is not as convenient as before when all I needed to do was scroll down through their website.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Fran!

No comments:

Post a Comment