Friday, October 1, 2021

Lava Rise Decreasing

For the past 2 days the lava lake level in the Halemaʻumaʻu crater had been rising at about 1 foot an hour. Today it has decreased to about half a foot an hour, but that is still a lot of lava flowing in to the crater.


I weighed myself this morning and found I gained 0.6 pound. So not quite back to the starting point, just half way. Probably from less walking this past week, than the week before. Auē!


I made another raw beet proothie this morning. Since tomorrow is a Feast Day, I will likely use berries instead of root vegetables as the produce add-in to my proothie.


I got an email from Marjorie this morning about volunteering on Sunday. There were 2 projects needing support from MRC. One was the Honolulu Fire Department testing at Aloha Stadium; I've done that one for the past 2 weekends. The other was an outreach & education event with Public Health Nurses at Aʻala Park. I told her I could do either so put me where she needed more help; I will be helping HFD again with testing at the stadium.


During lunch I watched iZombie, but also discovered that Kai had added The Witcher and The Blacklist to my watch list. Apparently there are currently only 8 episodes of The Witcher that have been filmed, with 8 more coming after December this year. There are 174 episodes of The Blacklist, with another season coming in late October; and there are 71 episodes of iZombie. So if I watch 1 episode of The Witcher a week that will take me close to the start of the next season. I can watch 1 episode of iZombie a day & finish it off before moving on to 1 episode a day of The Blacklist. Of the 3, I think The Witcher is most my type of show, it's kinda like samurai meets Middle Earth; he lives in a world of fantasy beasts & magical powers & fights them with swords. He generally carries only 1 long sword that is not as heavy or cumbersome as a broadsword but neither is it light or agile like a katana; he wields it with one hand. He frequently fights with a short sword in the other hand like a wakizashi. And like good samurai heroes he polishes off a lot of foes single-handedly & is somewhat cryptic. Apparently witchers have no emotions; he grunts a lot.


I did not plan dinner well tonight. I only had Mozzarella Chicken Meatballs & Mild Chipotle Sauerkraut. I am finding I actually like the taste of the turmeric kimchee better!


The Potential Most Favorite Roommate surprised me this evening with a belated birthday present. It is a companion t-shirt to my unicorn tee!


The Aix weather app forecast rain in Honolulu until midday followed by a few hours of partly cloudy skies before returning to rain; in reality it drizzled in the early morning & was primarily partly cloudy until the evening when there were a couple of intermittent drizzles. For Kapaʻau, Aix forecast a pretty even, steady rain all day & into the evening; the local paper forecast scattered showers with a slight chance of thunderstorms & a 50% chance of rain. Honomū recorded no rain today. For Marysville, Aix forecast partly cloudy skies all day & in to the evening. It looked dry in the evening so it could have been correct.

Kaimukī at 4:21 a.m.; the rain woke me up.
Kaimukī looking westerly at 1:11 p.m.
Marysville looking northerly at 7:41 p.m. HST.

 

Not sure what I was doing that I forgot to get screen shots of the surf but all I have for you today is the forecast.


There is a disturbance about 800 miles southeast of Hilo. The forecasters say it has a 0% chance of becoming an organized storm in the next 2 to 5 days.


There was an earthquake 80 miles southeast of Chignik, Alaska. It did not produce a tsunami.


There were 366 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 79,572. There were also 7 new deaths reported, raising the number of fatalities to 789; currently 4883 cases are considered active. As of today there have been 2,012,454 doses of vaccine administered providing 68% of the population with full vaccination, 76.1% have received at least one dose, and additional shots have been administered to 24,122 immuno-compromised people. There were 182 people that are currently hospitalized with 44 in the ICU & 34 on ventilators. 


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Vikki! A me ka Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanaʻo makahiki iwakālua kumamāhiku e CJ & Ern Dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment