Monday, October 11, 2021

NSW Walk

*This post was originally published without photos. My laptop stopped working on 10/09 & it took me a couple days to realize I could use Mom's old desktop to continue posting, but I was unable to figure out how to download photos from my phone. When my laptop was working again on 10/14, I uploaded the photos and updated this post a few days later. I also corrected the missing 'okina and kahako.

This morning I joined Ken & Dwayne from the Maunaloa Neighborhood Security Watch to walk the neighborhood; Ron needed to help a friend move so he did not walk with us. Ron gave me a blue vest like the one they wear while doing the walk around the neighborhood; it makes us look somewhat official. We did a slightly different route than we did last week; it was about the same distance & amount of time. I am learning a lot about the history of the are & the neighbors from them.


When I returned, I made another beet proothie. I used 2 small beets so it had a darker reddish color than the previous beet proothie that I made about a week ago. 

 

Besides the beets & the protein powder, one of the other things I add to my proothie is a source of medium chain triglycerides called Laird Superfood Creamer; I am trying to see if the MCTs will help get my weight under control. Since my 8 ounce bag cost about $13 you would think the packaging would be of a higher quality. After only a couple days of use part of the zipper seal came undone so I can no longer close the bag. Instead I roll the top down & put a rubber band over the whole bag to keep it shut; obviously this is not a seal that will prevent humidity from sneaking in so I also put it in a jar to minimize that.


I did a lot of catching up with paperwork today while I sipped my proothie so there's not much to see.

I checked in on Luna a couple of times. She is much more active, but curiously not her normal grumpy self; she actually purred & was happy to see me when I checked in on her. Perhaps she now realizes that people can be helpful! She even let me rest my hand on her shaved belly without attacking me or even growling; I was checking to see if it was warmer than the surrounding area which could be inflammation from an infection starting in the area of her surgery. There was none, it was fine. Hūlo!

Luna.
Keala, being her normal self.

For dinner I had some tofu bites, beet spirals, & calamata olives. Poor planning on my part; I need to get some veggies tomorrow.

I was able to retrieve a screen shot of the Aix weather app off of my phone. But all the other photos were on the laptop so I lost them. My experience with Aix has been that it will give me a general idea of what the precipitation will be like but is not very accurate; I use it more to get a general idea of the temperature & to see if it might be snowing where Kai is.


As I was watching the news after dinner, The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes came in with his dinner from Jack-in-the-Box. As he was moving the cardboard drink carrier the handle broke, sending to large drinks splattering across the kitchen floor & partly in to the family room! Aue! We were scrambling to clean it up so I did not get a photo. Fortunately, it was just water. Some portions of the kitchen & family room floor are now much cleaner than they used to be!

There were 113 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases to 81,614. There were also 4 new deaths reported, raising the number of fatalities to 845; currently there are 3012 cases considered active. As of yesterday, there were 2,080,371 doses of vaccine administered providing 69.6% of the population with full vaccination and 77.9% with at least one dose. As of today there are 159 patients hospitalized with 39 in the ICU & 30 on ventilators. The 7-day case average for O'ahu is 105 with a positivity rate of 2.8%.


Hau'oli la Hanaue e Keith & Sumit! A me ka Hau'oli la Ho'omana'o makahiki 'ehiku e Kai & Percy!

No comments:

Post a Comment