Friday, October 29, 2021

Crosstrek Safety Check

After lunch I went to McKinley Carwash to get the safety check for the Crosstrek. Usually I go earlier in the month & also a lot earlier in the day. But I had not put the insurance card in to the car like I thought I had or I had put it in such a safe place in the car that I could not find it. I contacted Arlene & had to wait until she was free in order to email me a copy of my insurance card. It came through after lunch; I went as soon as I got it. There were 2 cars ahead of me in the Safety Check line & a whole lot of other cars in the wash line; I only did the safety check today. I'll come back another day to get the Crosstrek washed & waxed.

Waiting to turn in to McKinley Carwash.
I'm trying to get to get to the line behind the car at the blue arrow.
The Crosstrek being inspected.


This is another carwash right next to McKinley Carwash. It was almost entirely automated unlike McKinley which has a bunch of people at the end that hand dry your car. This adjacent carwash was also cheaper than McKinley. I think they stayed in business less than a year. I think people like McKinley because there are real people drying things off at the end; I know I do.

DT was feeling much better this morning. He was feeling so good he went to work. He said his coughing as well as the pressure in his head diminished, so he felt like he could work. He lasted the whole day. He was feeling so good he forgot to retest himself before he went to school.

Today is Weigh In Day! My weight this morning was 126.6 pounds; I lost 0.8 pounds. I was 34.1% fat & 44.6% water. So 21.3% is muscle & bone? I am not really sure what I did differently this past week.

 

I made another beet proothie; but the beet was a little different today. From the outside I thought it was a golden beet, but when I cut it opened I was surprised to see that it was not yellow. It was white with read streaks; it did not turn my proothie red today. It was the more usual green color.


In the morning I was reading an email from Angela, an artist & instructor whose style I like. She was talking about how using "bad" reference photos can help you as an artist. I agree with her.


Yesterday I got an email from Kaiser about an appointment ticket; meaning I had permission to make an appointment. I checked & it was for a COVID-19 vaccine booster shot. I will be making an appointment to get the booster on December 24th, the anniversary of my 1st COVID-19 shot!


In between paperwork I made another batch of ice cubes. It looks like it takes us about 3 days to go through 1 bin of ice cubes.

I had been thinking I need to check up on my YMCA membership through Kaiser & see if that is still happening; if yes, I can go to their workout room & use their treadmill & weight machines. Just before lunch I got an email from the Y; it will be closed next Tuesday, November 2nd. Apparently the facility will be used all day to film part of a Magnum, P. I. episode; I will have to watch for it.


For lunch I had another open faced vegan cheese & tempeh bacon sandwich on sourdough.


For dinner I defrosted some chicken fajita strips & mixed them with the remains of the jar of portobello mushroom marinara that I gave The Roommates from my stash as the dipping sauce for their airfried breaded mozzarella sticks.


Cousin Alton will be telling ghosts stories again on Halloween with a couple other storytellers as part of the University of Hawaiʻi Presents: Arts & Culture for the Community.You must register for the Storyteller Halloween Special in order to get a link to this free event. Alton will be presenting the story, The Sobbing Spirit of Punahou Street.

 

Today is the one month anniversary of the start of this eruption of Kîlauea Volcano.

At 7:10 a.m.
At 7:10 a.m.

The Aix weather app forecast partly cloudy skies throughout the day for Honolulu; it seemed pretty accurate for today. For Kapaʻau, Aix forecast rain until morning turning in to drizzle unti mid-afternoon then becoming partly cloudy. Big Island News forecast partly sunny in the morning becoming mostly sunny with a 50% chance of rain. The Honomū weather station recorded no precipitation for the day. For Marysville, Aix forecast rain through midday then partly cloudy skies; the traffic cam seemed to show it was accurate.

Kaimukī looking westerly at 7:01 a.m.
Honomū looking northerly at 7:02 a.m.
Marysville at 7:02 a.m. HST.
Nā Koʻolau at 2:14 p.m.
Kaimukī looking westerly at 4:03 p.m.
Honomū looking northerly at 4:04 p.m.
Marysville looking northerly at 4:04 p.m. HST.

The north facing shores continue to have the best surf. But waves are getting larger & may result in a High Surf Advisory over the weekend.

Laniakea (N) at 7:04 a.m.
Hilo Bay (E) at 7:05 a.m.
Waikīkī (S) at 7:09 a.m.
Banyans (W) at 7:09 a.m.
Laniakea (N) at 4:05 p.m.
Hilo Bay (E) at 4:07 p.m.
Waikīkī (S) at 4:11 p.m.
Banyans (W) at 4:14 a.m.

The FDA has approved the Pfizer vaccine for children from age 5 through 11. The vaccine now needs to get approval & use recommendations approved by the CDC. The division of labor is that the FDA verifies the science & the CDC verifies how to use the product; both approvals are needed before an item is commercially available to the public.


There were 155 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 83,987. There were also 5 new deaths reported, increasing the death toll to 896. As of yesterday there were 2,176,537 doses of vaccine administered providing 71.2% of the population with full vaccination & 80.4% with at least 1 dose. Currently there are 81 people in the hospital with COVID-19 with 20 in the ICU & 16 on ventilators. The 7-day new case average for Oʻahu is 66 with a positivity rate of 1.3%.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e John, Manu, & hoa hānau Aimee! A me ka Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanaʻo makahiki ʻumi kumamāono e Jeremy & Katrina!

No comments:

Post a Comment