Friday, October 8, 2021

Citizen Forester, Module 4

This was the last module for the Citizen Forester training. Because my laptop crashed before I could add all the photos to this post, I do not have photos to share with you of the  training slide show. But that might have been boring since it was the data entry portions of the training. (I had downloaded some photos of other things before the laptop crashed.)

I weighed myself 1st thing this morning. I am now 1.6 pounds heavier than I was last Friday. Auē!


I used the last of the kale in my proothie this morning. Good thing, too, some of the leaves were starting to turn yellow; this was probably the last day I could use them & still get some adequate nutrients out of them.


This morning I got an email from Marjorie. The COVID-19 testing event at Aloha Stadium on Sunday is cancelled. The inventory of test kits for the event is low; they will be reassessing their needs. A short while later there was another email from Marjorie; looks like her plate is really full! She is also coordinating MRC requests for Kauaʻi, Maui, & Hawaiʻi Island since those positions are currently vacant.

 

I talked to Dr. Lau after lunch; Luna coming home tomorrow! She has been doing very well with her healing & there have been no setbacks. Dr. Lau will also be sending Luna home with a prescription for a different medication to be given before her next vet appointment; it is for Midazolam, the anti-anxiety med she has been on during this which has made her so much easier to handle while she has been there.

I printed out the tree manual this afternoon in preparation for the Citizen Forester field training tomorrow. I could also open up the document on my phone, but I tried that & the text is really small. If I enlarge it to where it is easily readable I have to swipe back & forth in order to be able to read it; not too convenient.


For dinner I had some pork larb that I found in the freezer; it is about 2 years old but had been in a Foodsaver freezer bag. It was actually still okay. I rounded out my meal with chipotle sauerkraut & kalamata olives.

Clockwise from L: pork larb, chipotle sauerkraut, kalamata olives.

Keala was snoozing on the couch this morning. I assume S'mores was chilling under the bunk bed as usual.

Why can't all the cats be normal like Keala?

This week's Hawaii Volcano Blog talked about the features in the lava lake that have been described as "floating islands"; apparently this phenomena also recorded as occurring during the 1924 eruption of Kīlauea. One of the discussions is whether they should be referred to as "islands" or "rafts". I guess I would vote for "rafts" since those float & are unattached, whereas "islands" have a connection to the sea floor.


Not much in the way to show you about the Aix weather app since I lost all the photos that had not been inserted into the post before my laptop crashed. But I do know that the Honomū weather station had recorded 0.08 inches of precipitation by 9:03a.m. There are no surf photos either since I get those from screen shots of the live web cams

Starting next Wednesday 10/06, Governor Ige & Mayor Blangiardi will be allowing Oʻahu to open up some things. Outdoor seated events will be allowed up to 50% capacity or 1000 people, whichever is less, no food or drinks are allowed other than water; all attendees must be vaccinated, masked, & physically distanced. Those working the events must follow the Safe Access Oʻahu protocols. The Mayor said this is a beta test that they will be watching; if all goes well over the next month, more restrictions may be lifted.


There were 201 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 81,087. There were 7 new deaths reported, increasing the death toll to 833; currently 3544 cases are considered active. As of yesterday 2,065,666 doses of vaccine have been administered, providing 69.3% of the population with full vaccination and 77.5% with at least one dose. The 7-day new case average on Oʻahu is 125 with a positivity rate of 3.0%.


No comments:

Post a Comment