Thursday, October 21, 2021

Mango Tree Possibilities

I checked out the branching on the mango & pomelo trees more thoroughly today; I also discussed it with The Potential Most Favorite Roommate. Since he's in to bonsai he can help train the branches of the mango so the fruit are more accessible! I want to remove a couple branches on the pomelo so the mango can enlarge into that portion of the yard. Then I want to remove a few more branches on the mango to keep it from growing into the overhead power lines. My plan is to let it grow out for about a month, recheck the branches, then call Ikuna back to do another smaller trimming. The red marks seen in the photos below is where I am thinking of having the cuts made.


I slept in this morning; I guess the tree inventory took a little more out of me than I anticipated. Since I got up later I did not make a proothie; I skipped breakfast & went straight to lunch. For lunch I was going to make a quesadilla style wrap using the vegan cheese & vegan bacon. I really like the "cheese"; the "bacon" however leaves much to be desired.

In the afternoon I got an email from PHN Jan about the Waianae Valley Homestead vaccine outreach & education tomorrow evening. I put it in my phone, then mapped it to see how long it would take me to get there. Oh, no! 1&1/2 hours! It was about 3:45 p.m., about the time I would normally be leaving to get there by 4:30. Auē! Tomorrow I will start checking traffic status from about 2:30 to make sure I can get there on time. I checked again about an hour later; it was now 4 minutes faster.

At 3:48 p.m.
At 5:04 p.m.

I finished off the Tofu Bites for dinner. I also had chipotle sauerkraut & Kalamata olives with it. I am not buying the Tofu Bites again.


Shortly after lunch Marjorie sent out an email to all MRC; she was asking for us to let her know our availability for November. She also listed the status of ongoing assignments; the testing by the HFD at Aloha Stadium will come to a close at the end of October but the PHN vaccine outreach & education will be continuing. Two new assignments will be assisting PHNs with keiki & kūpuna vaccine outreach & education & also actual shot clinics. 

She actually meant November.

While I was out in the front yard checking out the trees a truck towing a van came down the road, stopped, then tried to back up. It stopped because there was too much traffic. They apparently missed their turn; the driver came around again & made his turn the 2nd time.

After unsuccessfully trying to back up, the driver decided to go around the block again.
Made the turn this time!

Apparently the cats' water fountain died. It was sitting on the counter by the kitchen sink & was plugged in but not working. 


The eruption at Kīlauea continues. 

At 11:53 a.m.
At 5:59 p.m.
At 11:52 a.m.
At 5:59 p.m.


The Aix weather app forecast rain in the early morning becoming a drizzle until later in the evening for Honolulu. It was more like partly cloudy during the daylight hours with an occasional drizzle after dark. For Kapaʻau, Aix forecast much of the same; Big Island Now forecast mostly sunny with isolated shwoers & a 20% chance of rain. The Honomū weather station recorded no precipitation today. For Marysville, Aix forecast rain beginning about midday then becoming much heavier after dark; on the traffic cam it looked like there had been a light drizzle in the mid-afternoon with much more rain after dark.  

Kaimukī looking westerly at 11:45 a.m.
Honomū looking northerly at 11:45 a.m.
Marysville looking northerly at 11:45 a.m. HST.
Kaimukī looking westerly at 6:17 p.m.
Honomū looking northerly at 6:17 p.m.
Marysville looking northerly at 6:18 p.m. HST.

Although it is decreasing, there was still ample surf on the north facing & west facing shorelines.

Laniakea (N) at 11:47 a.m.
Hilo Bay (E) at 11:48 p.m.
Waikīkī (S) at 11:50 a.m.
Banyans (W) at 11:51 a.m.
Laniakea (N) at 6:20 p.m.
Waikīkī (S) at 6:23 p.m.
Banyans (W) at 6:23 p.m.

There were 156 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 82,886. There were also 4 new deaths reported, increasing the number of fatalities to 880; currently there are 1798 cases considered active. As of yesterday there have been 2,130,298 doses of vaccine administered, providing 70.6% of the population with full vaccination and 79.1% with at least one dose. There are 75 patients currently hospitalized with 22 in the ICU and 16 on ventilators. 


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Michael!

No comments:

Post a Comment