Thursday, October 28, 2021

Kīlauea Volcano's Summit History

I found a great series of 3 videos about Kīlauea, A Virtual Walk Through Kīlauea Volcano's Summit History. They were created for Volcano Awareness Month, January 2021. I will post one each day; they are around 45 minutes long. Here is the 1st in the series. FYI I did not know there was such a month, did you?

At 7:28 a.m.
At 7:28 p.m. I don't know how I managed to get this exactly 12 hours after the 1st one.
At 7:28 a.m.
At 7:28 p.m.

The Volcano Watch weekly article was about how scientists calculate the height of the lava fountains. SPOILER ALERT They use math.  


DT is still sick but is not coughing as much as he was yesterday. He is hoping to be much better tomorrow. And hopefully he will also test negative.

I made another beet proothie. I have about 10 more beets left. Perhaps before I wash up the next batch of beets I should harvest some lau ʻuala & use those to get some variety.


For lunch I used a slice of the sourdough bread I had picked up for The Potential Most Favorite Roommate with a slice of vegan cheese. I also folded a slice of tempeh bacon between the cheese.

After microwaving.

For dinner I had the same thing along with Cashew Crusted Cauliflower & Kalamata Olives. I layered the vegan cheese & the tenpeh bacon a little differently than duri9ng lunch.


Even though Luna is now out of isolation, the ability to roam the house has worn off & she is being scarce again. Keala as usual was the only cat easily visible.


The Aix weather forecast partly cloudy skies until midday then drizzle for the rest of the day; that didn't really happen. It was partly cloudy all day. For Kapaʻau, Aix forcast rain until mid-afternoon, then again after dark; Big Island Now forecast scattered showers with a 50% chance of rain. The Honomū weather station recorded no precipitation for today. For Marysville, Aix forecast heavy rain all day; the traffic camera showed no rain in the morning.

Kaimukī looking westerly at 7:16 a.m.
Honomū looking northerly at 7:16 a.m.
Marysville looking northerly at 7:17 a.m. HST.

Once again the waves on the north facing shores are providing the best surfing.

Laniakea (N) at 7:22 a.m.
Hilo Bay (E) at 7:23 a.m.
Waikīkī at 7:24 a.m.
Banyans (W) at 7:26 a.m.

There were 126 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bringing the total known cases up to 83,832. There were also 2 new deaths reported, increasing the death toll to 891; currently there are 1710 cases considered active. As of yesterday there were 2,165,978 doses of vaccine administered, providing 71.1% of the population with full vaccination and 80% with at least one dose. The 7-day new case average for Oʻahu is 66 with a positivity rate of 1.9%. 


No comments:

Post a Comment