Friday, September 21, 2018

Dad Ate All His Papaya!

When I arrived this morning, Dad was in the Orchid Dining Room eating breakfast. And he had finished all of the papaya! Not only that, he had also finished most of his supplements! Didn't touch the scrambled eggs, but finishing all the papaya is a huge step for Dad.


Because he was at the table nearest the lanai door, and everyone else was still eating, I took him out the back way. I asked if he wanted to sit out on the lanai & he did. He also wanted more juice so I was able to get him to drink another Boost Breeze supplement.
Dad looks out towards downtown Honolulu and Palolo Valley.
Very old gecko.

Once back in his room, I talked to CNA Sharmayne about the wipes. She said they had no complaints from him this morning about not wanting to be wiped down because it was too cold. Later I was able to listen to him while they changed him; the wipe warmer is a success!

During my morning walk I found it cooler than it was yesterday. Much cooler! My shirt was not soaked through like yesterday. Yesterday I made a serendipitous discovery; I had accidentally put my clean t-shirt & bra underneath the 2 frozen water bottles when I loaded my backpack in the morning. It was so refreshing to put on an ice-cold bra & shirt that I have decided that I will load my backpack up that way from now on. On my way down to the park this morning I saw Bruce & Chris leaving; I'm not sure why but Bruce is still a little unsure of me. At the park I stopped to talk to Dawn; Coco & Chloe had new harnesses because Coco got out of her old one & was running around close to the road! Glad Coco didn't get herself into a bad situation. I also saw a male White-rumped Shama at the park!
Male White-rumped Shama (Copsychus malabaricus).

On my mid-morning I saw the 2 Kolea at the park again; they were also there in the morning. But there was also a small dog at mid-morning that got there just as I was leaving; the Kolea closest to the dog took off for the top of the roof. As I was starting down Matsonia, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel started following me. Duke had gotten out of his yard when a worker went to dump some things in the green waste bin; I walked Duke back home. I also saw a large tree with its own ecosystem in its branches and a mailbox that looked like a Volkswagen bus; its colors were similar to Windjammer, the old VW bus my ex-husband had when we were 1st married.
Duke grazing before he returns home.
Big tree with its own ecosystem.
VW bus mailbox.

Lunch today was Chicken long rice, Steamed rice, Vegetable of the day, Garden salad, Angel cake with strawberries, & Egg drop soup. Dad ate all of his half peanut butter & jelly sandwich (50%) and all of his supplements; he also had a bite of the cake.


In the afternoon I saw 3 Kolea at the park; I think the 2 near the parking lot are a pair, the other is solitary. One of the Kolea flew to the top of the building.

Yesterday I ate 1/2 a papaya & drank 8 ounces of coconut water when I returned home. I also had the brownie from lunch and granola as a snack; I should not have done these 2 things. This morning at my weigh-in I found I had not lost any weight :( I hadn't gained any either :) so that was good. I think I need to pay a little more attention to my intake, that's my weak link. Here's a great video: The Mathematics of Weight Loss. I knew the answer! (In general, not the specifics; I've taken biochemistry so I knew where he was headed with his question and I loved stoichiometry! It's the part of chemistry that helped me get a B in the class.)

Got a call from the Cat Clinic this afternoon; all of Chibi's blood work came back great but she had some struvite crystals in her urine. Chibi will need a change in diet to wet food to help dilute her urine. Dr. Sylvester has changed Shiro's dosage of prednisolone to 5 mg/day; once the Cyclophosphamide is in, they will set up an appointment to have me bring him in to administer it and a Vitamin B12 shot once every 2 weeks.

The Roommates went out to dinner to celebrate their 3rd anniversary. But before that happened the Roommate That Likes to Wash Dishes rolled his ankle on his way home. He iced it and took ibuprofen as soon as he got home. They went to Michel's for their celebration.

The cooling towels were supposed to have arrived yesterday "by 8 p.m." They didn't. I checked this morning & they still hadn't arrived. I texted Curtis; he said the tracking info said they were now delayed and would arrive between the 21st (today) & the 25th (Tuesday). Oh well.

I finished listening to Bigfoot on Campus the other day. I started listening to the Harry Dresden audiobook Changes; I'm about half way through.

Happy Birthday to Joan, Terri, Pramila, & Aaron!

No comments:

Post a Comment