Monday, September 10, 2018

Who Let the Cat In?

Oh, it was me. I don't normally let the cats sleep with me; it's because of Momo & Shiro. When they were younger they would play on the bed for about half an hour before settling down to sleep. So I banned them from the bedroom; all of them. But last night I let Shiro sleep with me because he had been having problems staying warm. His temperature was at 97 degrees F when The Roommates first took him to the vet; it should have been 102. He behaved very well last night. This morning I annoyed him when I went to make the bed around him; it's good that he has enough energy and focus to be annoyed!
Sleepy kitty.
He really didn't like it when I made the bed around him.

Dad wouldn't get out of bed this morning or at lunch. For lunch today it was Mahi, Wild rice pilaf, Steamed edamame, Tossed salad, Strawberry cloud cake, and Tomato basil soup. Dad ate 1/2 of his peanut butter & jelly sandwich (which counts as 25% for Maunalani's charts since he only gets half a sandwich) and about half of the cake.


My morning walk was a little late today; I spent time feeding Shiro & checking up on him. I still did my entire walk leaving from the upper parking lot, going around Maunalani Circle, down to the park, then down Matsonia, up Lurline, and back to the upper parking lot. I saw one of the Kolea at the park this morning, but none at my mid-morning walk.

I skipped the last walk of the day because I needed to do a blood draw for a routine check up with Dr. Pham tomorrow. When the phlebotomist inserted the needle I had a zinging sensation go up my arm to the back of my hand for just a brief moment, then it subsided. Other than that there was no indication that there was a needle in my arm.


I stopped by Petco to get more cat food; we needed more dry food for Chibi, but I also wanted to get more canned food for Shiro. The kitties need their emergency supplies, too!
Instinct is the brand of cat food that I feed the cats.

The Veterinary Emergency + Referral Clinic (VERC) called this evening. They got the results of Shiro's sample back from the cytology lab; it has been confirmed that he has a lymphoma of the spleen. On Friday when I take Shiro in to VERC for his next Elspar treatment, we will discuss his prognosis and treatment options.

I didn't take the boots back to Uyeda Shoe Store today; I had too many things to take care of today. The big thing being getting back to check up on Shiro; he was doing well considering what he has been through these last couple of days. When I picked up the boots, I also got 2 pairs of some really nice socks! They have a little "L" and "R" on them so you can tell which one is for your left foot and which one is for your right foot because they are knitted specifically to help support the arches.


Olivia's winds have slowed down and it is now a tropical storm, but it still has sustained winds of 70 mph. Tropical Storm Olivia is about 380 miles east of Hilo; Hawai'i County and Maui County are under a tropical storm warning which means things are within 36 hours of occurring. O'ahu is under a tropical storm watch, which means it is 48 hours away. It looks like Maui County may take a direct hit; O'ahu would be at the edges of the system but well within the area that is anticipated to be affected by tropical storm force winds. Because we have been making preparations since the beginning of hurricane season in June, we are well off with many things. We have enough water and food, we have a safe place to shelter in; the main thing we need to do is bring the potted plants in to the garage so they don't become projectiles. One long term goal is to build wooden panels to cover the big living room window and the sliding glass door. Right now we just move things away from the windows and draw the vertical blinds to reduce any glass that might fly in if the window is hit by a projectile.
At 5 p.m.

Happy Birthday to Marcie & Andrew! And Happy 7thAnniversary to Vener & Alicia!

No comments:

Post a Comment