Sunday, September 30, 2018

Lurline from Sierra

I tried a new segment for my walking route this morning; it's one I call "Lurline from Sierra". This is the route that Kavita suggested when I first met her; she's right, it is a nice walk that doesn't have any steep surprises. It was only 1.57 miles; I think it would have been closer to 1.6 miles if I had included the lap around the field at the park but I had stopped to talk to Suzette so I skipped that so I wouldn't be too late in getting to Maunalani to help out with Dad's breakfast.
Route for Lurline from Sierra sans lap around the field.
The lowest point is where Lurline intersects with Sierra.

I took a series of photos along the way, starting from the intersection of Wilhelmina Rise and Sierra; if you want to see the earlier part from the park to that intersection go here to when I first did that section. I ended the photos at the intersection of Lurline & Matsonia; to see what it looks like on  Lurline uphill of Matsonia go here to when I first did that section, just remember that the first half of that section is going down Matsonia.
From Wilhelmina Drive, looking down Sierra.
From near silver car seen on right side of road in previous photo; looking at intersection with Lurline.
From near intersection of Sierra and Lurline, looking up Lurline.
From near car seen in previous photo.
From near crest of hill seen in previous photo, looking towards left.
From tree in previous photo, looking uphill; Suzette walks down the hill.
From near car seen on right in previous photo; Matsonia comes in near light blue dumpster in background.

It was misting when I got back to the parking lot to do my cool down stretches. Dad was eating breakfast in bed when I got to Maunalani. He finished off all his papaya without prompting, then worked on the supplements. Yay!


For my morning walk I left from the upper parking lot, went down to the park, did a lap around the field, then went to Lurline and Sierra and walked up Lurline back to the upper lot; it amounted to 1.38 miles. I should also have included Maunalani Circle for another 0.4 miles, but I needed to be back to the house by 11:15 so we could take off by 11:30 to get to Aunty Judy's house for lunch with Aunty Michie & Myrtle who were visiting from California.
Counterclockwise from top left: rice, tofu salad, tonkatsu, Korean chicken, kalua pork, lilikoi cream rolls.
My half finished lunch.
Aunty Michie & Myrtle.
Mia, Paula, & Russell.

The Roommates brought back a bunch of Krispy Kreme doughnuts, succulents, a culinary lavender plant for me, and some jams. More on these later.

We bought some guacamole to test out the guacamole keeper. I loaded the keeper up and elevated it to force the air out. I put it in to the refrigerator, we'll check it tomorrow to see if it has turned brown.





Tropical Storm Walaka is about 800 miles southwest of Honolulu, headed straight for Johnston Island. (That's the pink dot on the map below; it means they are under a hurricane watch.)
At 5 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment