Sunday, September 23, 2018

Dad Ate Most of the Papaya Today

When I arrived Dad was in the Orchid Dining Room like yesterday. He had eaten most of the papaya and drank most of his supplements, but hadn't touched the rest of the breakfast. He wanted to sit on the lanai again so we did that for about half an hour; he also drank more Boost Breeze supplement.



On my morning walk I saw Sebastian in one of the bulk pick up piles. At least, I think it was Sebastian.


During my morning walk I saw Ken; he visits Mrs. Moody every day. I asked him about a conversation I overheard yesterday & confirmed that he is not related to Mrs. Moody; he is a long-time family friend. He comes to visit her at lunch & dinner. Every day. He said he was fortunate that when she was no longer able to live on her own at the age of 93, she came to live near him. He has been visiting her every day for 3 years! He is a saint!

The most depressing thing for me about being at Maunalani is not seeing the firetruck & ambulance pull up to the main entrance to take a resident to the emergency room. It is seeing the residents who have no one who comes to visit them. Or being visited very few times. I try to learn the names of the residents who get out of their rooms and greet them by name every time I see them in the hallways. I also try to learn a little about them so I can use it to start a short conversation.

The Kolea were not at the park during my mid-morning walk; there was a large dog that left just before I got down to the field. But I did see a male White-rumped Shama as I was leaving. I think it might have been in the tree right at the edge of the field & came down to the ground to feed as soon as the dog was gone. Then I came along, oblivious, and spooked it; but it only hopped several feet out of my way. I wasn't able to get a photo of it.

Lunch today was Pork loin roast, Steamed rice, Tossed salad, Seasoned Green Beans, Caramel cheesecake, and Garden vegetable soup. Dad didn't eat a thing at lunch but he drank the supplements.


During my afternoon walk I saw both Kolea at the park. I cut my walk around the field short because of the location of the Kolea; I didn't want to scare them away.

We went to dinner at Curtis & Lori's house. Dinner was spaghetti with garlic bread and salad. There was a lot of dessert; banana mochi, banana bread, rocky road, and macaroons.


The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes now has a walking cast. Tomorrow morning I take The Roommates and their friend Dayne to the airport for a 6 a.m. flight to Maui for a week's vacation.


Happy Birthday to Bennie, Ron, Uncle Mike, Christopher, & Kito!

No comments:

Post a Comment