Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Nancy's Kitchen

We went to Nancy's Kitchen for breakfast this morning; we skipped breakfast last week because there was so much going on with my medical appointments and Shiro's vet appointments, plus the contractors working on Curtis' house. Curtis had the Breakfast Special with luncheon meat, DT had the Eggs Benedict, and I had the Nancy's Adobo Fried Rice Omelet.

When they opened at 8 a.m. we were the only ones there; it got busier by the time we left.
Breakfast with luncheon meat.
Eggs benedict.
Adobo fried rice omelet.
Insides of omelet.

Curtis & Lori's remodel is getting much closer to being done. The refrigerator is now where it belongs and not in the family room. The grab bars, towel bars, and wheelchair accessible shower threshhold are now installed; only need the hand held shower and fan/light combo to be installed. After all that is completed then work will begin on replacing the living room carpet with wood type flooring.
Refrigerator finally back where it belongs.
Grab bars & towel bars in place.
Shower stall not quite done yet.
Wheelchair- accessible threshhold.
Looking down the hall from the new extension to the garage.

Breakfast today was a little later than usual. DT had an appointment to take Dad's RAV4 in to Lex Brodie's to get the tire pressure sensor changed; he was using it until his car arrived from Michigan. While it turned out that only one sensor was bad, they suggested changing all 5 sensors due to the age of the parts (1992 vintage); so we did.


Mrs. Iseri is back! She actually came back yesterday afternoon as I was coming in. I was concerned when they wheeled her out last week; it was so good to see her back. This morning she was her usual self; all made-up and with the plumeria in her hair! She said she enjoyed the Big Island cookies I gave her.

Dad had a great time at the massage sessions today and yesterday. Both days we had to work to convince him that he needed to leave the recliner!


For lunch to day it was Meat Jun, Steamed rice, Mixed vegetables, Tossed salad, Lemon bar, and Soup. Dad ate all of his peanut butter & jelly sandwich as well as all of his liquid supplements.


During my mid-morning walk, which was my 1st walk of the day, there were no Kolea at the park.  On the way down Matsonia I noticed there was a small shrine on the side of the road. As I was near the top of Lurline, I was looking at the mushrooms in the parking strip when I saw the homeowner moving bulk pick up items out to the side of the road. I said Hi and asked him if he knew what kind of mushrooms they were, he didn't. Later on my afternoon walk I say the same man, I introduced myself to Jimmy; he was out walking his dogs Bella & Mickey. He had also moved a whole lot more stuff out for bulk pick up. I asked him for permission to dig up some mushrooms when they show up again; he said yes.
Roadside shrine.
More unknown mushrooms.

Jimmy's house was a couple doors away from the house with the tree fern. I've been watching that fern; I think it's an Australian tree fern, which is an invasive species. It's set back from the road and appears to be on private property so I haven't been able to look at it close enough to make a definite identification.
Unknown, possibly invasive Australian tree fern.

Later in the evening I picked up the RAV4 from Curtis' house; DT's car had arrived from Michigan and it was now at their house. The RAV4 needed to leave so there was more parking available.

Happy Birthday to Aurolyn! (I said that yesterday but I was incorrect!)

No comments:

Post a Comment