Saturday, September 22, 2018

Was He Worth It?

... Was he good looking?" That's what LPN Luz asked me when I told her how I lost my contact lens on my walk this morning; she had seen me walking on her way in to work. Towards the end of my walk, as I was starting to cross Sierra, I heard a vehicle coming up behind me. I turned to see where it was going & blinked at the wrong time, popping my left lens out. I didn't see the driver, the car turned away from me and went up the other part of Maunalani Circle. The rest of the walk was nice, cool breeze, slightly overcast. The pair of Kolea were at the park, along with a pair of tennis balls. 
The tennis ball tree.

Since I wanted to see if my contact lens had possibly just gone deeper than usual under my eyelid I skipped my cool down stretches & headed straight for the bathroom. Bad idea. My left calf started to cramp about an hour later. I tried to stretch it out then, it helped a tiny bit. I also did some self-massage, that helped a bit more. What I really needed to do was give it another workout, then cool down properly. So I did that at the mid-morning walk; I spent an extra amount of time doing my cool down stretches. The cramp went away. I also decided I should add wall sits to my routine to tone my quads; they help my kneecaps to track properly which minimizes pain from them grinding on the underlying bones when they are not tracking properly.

I called Kaiser to request a replacement lens. But they're closed today, I have to call back on Monday to talk with the optometry section. I'm reconditioning an old lens to use in the meanwhile.

Lunch today was Sweet Dijon basa, Steamed rice, Sauteed herbed zucchini, Tossed salad, Mandarin orange cake, and Broccoli cheese soup. I wasn't sure what the basa was, it's a type of mild-tasting white-fleshed fish. Dad ate 1/4 of his 1/2 peanut butter & jelly sandwich, one bite of cake, and half of his supplements. He also kept saying it was harder to stay in bed because it made his body sore, but he still didn't want to get out of bed.


My afternoon walk was from the lower parking lot down to the park and back up to the parking lot. There was a small family playing with a dog at the park; they scared one of the Kolea who flew up to the roof.

The Roommates had their third anniversary together earlier in the week; I took them out for dinner tonight to celebrate; we went to Kim Chee II, Curtis met us there. Curtis had the Spicy Chicken, The Roommate Who Likes to Wash Dishes had the Meat Jun Plate, The Potential Most Favorite Roommate had the Lunch Special, and I had the BBQ Beef Plate.
Spicy Chicken.
Meat Jun.
Lunch Special.
BBQ Beef.

No comments:

Post a Comment