Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Who Was That?

I met with Greg from Aikane Nursery today. We started at the frontage and the trimming of the shrubs and tree that were creating a screen for the house. It wasn't Aikane! He said it's creepy that someone came on to the property to trim the shrubs, calamondin, and pua kenikeni like that. My neighbor Jessie, who saw it happening, gave me a description; I have asked her to call 911, then me, if that guy shows up again. In the meanwhile, anytime Aikane does any work in the front yard they will give me a week's notice so I can tell Jessie what's happening.
This is what I can see now; before I could barely see passing vehicles.

Greg & I had a great meeting about the items I thought had been clear that Aikane was doing for me. I told him how disappointed I was in not seeing much done over the last year; since some things can only be done at certain times of the year I have been patiently waiting to see them happen. There were a couple areas of miscommunication, but I think we are both clear now on what is covered under the monthly maintenance and what is a special project. And there were a couple things that weren't getting done since they thought they were supposed to be doing something else. I sent him a detailed, itemized list that we started our discussions from of what we talked about this afternoon; it has comments and amendments in red based on our walk through. He will read it tomorrow and concur or make his own additions and send it back to me. I also told him what Jessie said about the mysterious shrub pruning stranger.

As you may have noted, this piece was posted at my usual time; my hot spot is working again. I was too tired last night and I woke up too early this morning to be fully coherent, so I did not do a reboot of the Jetpack either time; I did that this evening and it started right up! Auwe! This is what it looked like this morning when I got up; I took this shot while I was lying in bed, looking up at the window. Other shots you have seen from my bedroom window were with the camera up at the window; I can't really see that view when I am lying down.
Hmmm, that window needs to be cleaned!

At least I got a good breakfast at Kohala Coffee Mill this morning. I tried their Blue Zone Breakfast; it is one scrambled egg with wheat toast and 1 vegetable & 1 meat. I chose avocado & lox; then I made an open-faced sandwich. I also had a hot soy chocolate. Then I hooked in to their wi-fi and posted yesterday's piece.


I ran in to 2 traffic jams today; one at the post office/credit union and one on the way to the Hawai'i Wildlife Center. I wanted to visit with Linda, Patrick & Walden, and Alexis, but there apparently was a landslide along the Akoni Pule Highway between the hospital road and the HWC road. I was stuck in traffic for about an hour before I decided I should go visit Uncle Kazu before I needed to meet with Greg from Aikane. Several other people had the same idea and left also.
Traffic jam at the post office & credit union, they share the parking lot.
The landslide has made this part of the highway a one lane road.

Before I got stuck in the traffic jam for the landslide, I picked a bunch of flowers and went to the cemetery; I was pleased to see that the portulaca that I potted & set out in July at Obon was doing really well. It might, in fact, be getting a little too much water with all the rain from Hurricane Lane & the current wet spell; I emptied out the attached saucer so its roots won't root. I put flowers & senco at both of the Takatani grave sites. Then I texted a photo to Leilani so she would know that her mom's grave had fresh flowers. I will have to see if I can find a portulaca and heavy planter for the other grave site.
The portulaca with lots of blooms.
Grandma & Grandpa's grave site.
Jichan, Baban, & greataunt Chiyono's grave site.

When I went to the hospital to visit Uncle Kazu he was sitting outside under the eaves out of the drizzle that had been coming down on & off all day. We had a good talk and I also got to see Sadie & Maha. I'll be getting together with Uncle Kazu on Saturday for lunch and ice cream.

I also had my hair cut today; Petra is camera-shy so I opted for a photo of her shop front. When I am due for a haircut and I know I will be in Kohala within a couple of weeks I wait to have Petra do it. If I am going to Washington in a couple of weeks, I wait to have Sheri do it. The rest of the time The Potential Most Favorite Roommate cuts my hair; we sit in the driveway so its easier to clean up!
The Hair Spectrum salon.

I set some cat food out last night; it was gone this morning so I was pretty sure the kittens that Kai & I saw when we were here in July were still around. I didn't think it was mongoose since the food disappeared at night and mongoose are diurnal predators. I put more food out this evening and checked on it every so often; at least one of them is still around. I will keep checking for the other two. This is the one Kai saw last time but I didn't see; one of the others only has orange patches, the other has some Siamese style markings.
Getting ready to run away.

Happy Birthday to Michael & Jeremiah!

No comments:

Post a Comment