Sunday, September 16, 2018

Walking Route & Chart

I figured out how to attach a photo of my walk to the route portion of the Samsung Health app on my phone; it's really easy to do. Here's the photo from Sierra Drive, looking down Matsonia; this is the route I took this morning. I think when I start a new portion of a route I will include one of these route maps with an underlying photo of the start of the new route plus the chart showing the elevation changes & walking speed.

I have no idea why my pace went to 0 mph at about 6 minutes.

At the park this morning I saw 2 Kolea; there must not have been any dogs there this morning because they were spread out over the field and not very anxious. They hardly moved when I walked by. On my way down Matsonia I saw Omar, Mei-mei, & Rocco; they were coming uphill.

When I went to sign in, I saw a flower arrangement at the reception desk. It was an interesting arrangement; the main part was 3 sprigs of snowberry (Symphoricarpos albus). It also had a few sprigs of moa (whisk fern, Psilotum nudum) at its base. The purple flower is a type of aster, I'm not sure which one.

Dad was in his wheelchair again; I am glad that they have been able to get him in to the wheelchair in the morning. Dr. Gries said sitting upright in the wheelchair helps with his lung function so that he is less likely to get pneumonia again. We went to look for Popokilani again but couldn't find her; I think she found someplace out of the rain this morning & might still be there dozing. We went to the lookout and sat there for a little while. The sun was out but I couldn't find a working umbrella to provide any shade for Dad so we had to go in earlier than planned. One of the night-blooming cereus plants by the lookout has 2 buds getting ready to bloom; I don't know exactly which species it is.
Looking at Leahi.
Night blooming cereus.

During my mid-morning walk I saw 4 bikers coming up the hill by the park; not sure, but I think one of them was Kelly. And I think another was the biker I saw yesterday. At the park, there was a dog on the field and the Kolea were gone.

Dad went to the Namaste massage this morning. When I went to get him after my walk, CNA Susie was doing some active assisted range of motion exercises with Dad; we are trying to get him to move more so he has less pain in his joints. I told him it was like rust building up on a machine; you have to use the machine to keep it in good condition. Later Susie did some voice exercises with Dad while she waited for someone to assist her with transferring Dad to the wheelchair.
CNA Susie doing active assisted range of motion with Dad.
Dad singing America the Beautiful with CNA Susie.

The menu said lunch today was Baked glazed ham, Baked sweet potatoes, Steamed corn, Oatmeal cookie, and Minestrone soup. I had mashed potatoes instead of sweet potatoes. And I'm not sure why they're using disposable plates, that's what happened during breakfast as well. Dad did not eat any of his sandwich; he only ate half of the cookie and all his supplements.
Looking at the view.
I found out that Guests have blue trays, residents have gray trays. I'll have to check my other photos.

During my afternoon walk I saw both Kolea on the field. They seemed comfortable, I don't think there were any dogs in the park this afternoon.

I finished listening to the Harry Dresden audiobook Turn Coat. The next are a group of short stories in Side Jobs, starting with Love Hurts.

Happy Birthday to Linda & Winky!

No comments:

Post a Comment