Saturday, February 9, 2019

Cat Booby Trap

This morning, as I was getting ready to leave, S'mores jumped up on to the kitchen counter where we eat our meals; I think she was looking for anything we might have left after I had finished. It is a bad habit that The Roommates have not been consistent about training out of her. So I set up a booby trap that will work to "punish" her even when no one is around. Now when she tries to jump up on the counter she will get dumped on the floor. A few times of having that happen should make her decide it is not worth it to see if there might be something there.  The papers were undisturbed when I got home but perhaps The Potential Most Favorite Roommate found some on the floor and replaced them before he left for work.
About 4" of each paper overhangs the edge of the counter; it she jumps on them they will fall off and so will she.

My phone was acting up as I started my morning walk, the camera would not work. I had to do a shutdown restart to clear it to get it to work again; so while I had started my walk at the normal time, the photo was at a later time. I saw LaVie walking with Kila as I fiddled with the phone; she had returned from a trip very early this morning. Later I saw Caroline & Olive; she had received the map of the drainage in the area that I left for her. Then I saw Steph coming up Sierra, later I saw her down at the bottom of Lurline with Lorraine. I was glad that the wind and rain storms had not materialized yet.
Two minutes before sunrise.
Fifteen minutes after sunrise on Sierra.

I did my mid-morning walk around the regular time; Curtis was with Dad in the morning because he left for a week in Las Vegas tonight. Once I finished my walk I went to relieve him so he could go finish last minute preparation for his trip. I'm not sure what happened but I did not get a photo at the start of my walk.

Lunch today was Saucy cabbage roll, Steamed rice, Steamed herbed zucchini, Tossed salad, Mandarin orange cake, and Broccoli cheese soup. Dad ate none of his lunch and barely touched the supplements.


Dinner was Chicken chop suey, Steamed rice, Peas & carrots, Chocolate chip cookie, and Chicken noodle soup. Dad ate 100% of his meal of egg salad sandwich and chocolate chip cookie; he also finished all of his 240 ml of Boost Plus!


I started my evening walk a little after 7 pm. At first I felt a little cold because of the wind; it seemed like the weather they were predicting was coming in though without the rain. By the time I was about a quarter way in to my walk I had warmed up nicely. When I got to the end I was sweating as usual. I got in the car and began the drive home and wondered what was wrong with my air conditioning; I normally keep it at 72 degrees F for animal transport and it is nice and cool. But tonight it felt very warm. I couldn't figure out what was wrong, then I noticed that the outside temperature said it was 61F! No wonder that 72F felt warm!
Twenty-two minutes after the end of civil twilight.
This was at the bottom of the hill where it is warmer than at the top of Maunalani.

This evening DuoLingo said I have learned 80 words of ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi, though I don't feel like I have. But I guess the app "knows" since I have to answer questions and it grades me on my answers. I wonder if it takes in to consideration how fast I respond? I know on some things I respond faster than others. And I also know as I progress up in the levels, I also respond faster; that's what I use to tell myself that I am actually learning something. Kinda like the eBird checklist-a-day, I am finding my bird identification is becoming faster. I am looking forward to the day that I am as fast at both of these things as I got to be with Hawaiian reef fish identification!

Hauʻoli lā Hānau to Sara & Matteo! And Hauʻoli lā Hoʻomanaʻo #6 to Jeff & Janon!

No comments:

Post a Comment